Show me your Iron Man suit

Some incredible work on here over the years,Sandbaggers metal suit is a work of art,incredible! This is my MK2 suit in fiberglass from a clay sculpt,revised and reworked like many on here over time,both tears and joy lol. MK2 suit 005.JPG

Not Posted on here in a while,
My Most Recent Work - Mk46, Civil War Suit (Could possibly be the Mk47... but i prefer the more red/gold colour scheme)
Constructed whilst onboard a Cruise Ship out of Cardboard with no printer
Ill Make a Build thread soon, as i still have to finish it properly - but work has taken me away from home again, so will have to wait ahaa

IMAG0060.jpg

Could someone help me maybe :) I am looking for the Iron Man Mark VII Files for a foam build. I know that there are darkside501st files but only V1. What happened to V2 ? When I was active the last time a few years ago the files were almost completed ? :) Would be great to get help here

Max

My Mk 40 Shotgun is nearing completion just in time and I should be able to start painting in the upcoming weeks.

Attached you can also find a video that shows how well I can move in this thing, which was one of the main goals to begin with. I can move almost as well as if im not wearing the suit.

https://youtu.be/TlE9CgW5MDw

DSC02678.JPG

Best Regards, Cri7e

_DSC0174.jpg

One of the last looks at my Mk 46 suit before I start heavily modding it. It's missing the hand plates and I need to repaint it all. While I'm at it, I'll slap on the Mk 47 paint before painting it red again by October or something. Just for a twist. Might remake a new helmet, too. More accurate. I love the look of this one, it looks like a mix of Extremis and Mk 46 but I want to try to make a purely accurate version.

Here is my (for now) finished Mk 40 "Shotgun" suit that I wore to GamesCom 2017 this year.

I had a total blast and a lot of people took pictures with me! :)

I will have to change quite a few things at the suit but that will all happen at a later date, right now im quite burnt out with this project.

IMG-20170826-WA0006_2.jpg

As always best regards,

Cri7e

View attachment 758234

View attachment 758235

this is the update/ additions to my old suit, at this point im having an issue with figuring a solution to hinge my elbow to the forearm piece... any suggestions? has to be something thin or it wont fit..... i hate having the two piece just floating. i think a hinge would hold them together..

That 42 looks great, mind if I ask what paint colors/brand you used? I'm very interested.

Have you thought about using cloth elastic straps? They're flexible and thin, and they can also move in more than 1 direction. I used a thick-ish one for my finger joints and it worked great.

I also have that in the fingers but it is a last resort for the elbow because it would still "float" im looking for a little more of an actuall hinge to stop the two pieces from bashing and scrartching.
\as for paint, im in the Us so i use a champaigne Gold from rustoleum and a auto paint red by Dupli Color.

That 42 looks great, mind if I ask what paint colors/brand you used? I'm very interested.

Have you thought about using cloth elastic straps? They're flexible and thin, and they can also move in more than 1 direction. I used a thick-ish one for my finger joints and it worked great.

I also have that in the fingers but it is a last resort for the elbow because it would still "float" im looking for a little more of an actuall hinge to stop the two pieces from bashing and scrartching.
\as for paint, im in the Us so i use a champaigne Gold from rustoleum and a auto paint red by Dupli Color.

Thanks, are you referring to the Metallic Champagne Mist from Rustoleum (no. 261415) ? It's the only result I can find on Amazon. I've been searching for a good color for my 42 and yours is pretty damn close

One of the methods I found that worked pretty good for my most recent suit is finding some 4-5mm EVA foam and cutting a rectangular strip and using it as a hinge. Hot glued or button snapped in, it keeps things lined up and flexes.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back