Shin Armor

PredaHawk

My 1st attempt at shin armor for my suit.

I got the idea from Syk0_Maulers 5-gal bucket armor thread. I had some old martial arts shin guards laying around...

DSC00237.jpg.gif

and a couple empty ice-cream buckets...

DSC00238.jpg.gif

I used some water-based acrylics and some small sponges for texturing, tin snips to cut out some basic triangle shapes, a little contact cement and sharpie for some pin-stripping.

DSC00242.jpg.gif

The plastic section covers the straps of the guards and adds dimension to the piece. I left out images of the painting (n00b, didn't take any). Wasn't thinking about posting, but decided to after the fact. Future posts I'll come prepared with step-by-step images.

DSC00249.jpg.gif

Now that I look at it, I think it needs more layers to the plastic overlaps. Perhaps having more would make it look more complex. I also have some tactical knee guards that may be a good way to top off the guard.

More to follow...

I worked on the knee pads to top off the shin guards. After a couple days, I gave up on it. Their texture is just to rough and they don't fit the lines very well. So I've scrapped them and I'm moving on to Quick and Dirty Left Gauntlet with Computer.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back