She's my Cherry Pie!!! - Not anymore - Warrant lead singer found DEAD.

I saw Warrant several times in concert when I was a teenager. Sad news. I listened to a couple of their songs the other day.

WOW...I can't believe he lived to be 47! I am suprised that most of these 80's rockers have lived longer than expected. If you think about the time when they were popular, it was the age of excess (cocaine, alchohol and AIDS).

Sad news but surprising.

Like Jango, I was a fan back in the day... It sucks to see these guys who aren't all that old in the scheme of things be unable to overcome their demons.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Jedifyfe in being surprised that he lived this long in light of all the DUI's, etc Jani had.

I think he's on this upcoming season of That Metal Show on vh1 classic too. He never really looked very healthy whenever he was on tv but you couldn't be sure if he was strung out or sick or what.

He spent a few years hanging around Cleveland. One of my old club bosses was Warrant's lead player on the "Rib Cook-Off" circuit. (As I will call it)

He spent a few years hanging around Cleveland. One of my old club bosses was Warrant's lead player on the "Rib Cook-Off" circuit. (As I will call it)

I believe he grew up in Cleveland. I remember in high school getting invited to play softball with a group of friends just outside Cleveland....
We were at the field horsing around and a tour bus pulled in. Someone knew Warrant and they showed up with the guys from Trixter and played with us. I just remember Bobby Brown, Jani's fiancé at the time, was there, but she wouldn't play because she just found out she was pregnant.

This is dad news for sure.

Bobbie Brown:
bobbi_brown.jpg

BobbY Brown:
brownbobby.jpg

Sorry, just needed an excuse to post a picture of Bobbie.

Bobby Brown is the girl in the Cherry Pie video, right? She was one of those Supergroupies.

She was a spokes model on the star search competition, and Jani saw her on the show. He had his manager get in touch with her or the show and set up a meeting.... The rest is history. He knocked her up, got married, then divorced. I believe she suffers from lupus and is just trying to live a normal life these days.

I saw Jani play years ago as a solo artist...one of the better shows I'd seen. The intro to "I Saw Red" was classic....no bitterness or resentment at all...:lol

Working in the business I hung out with him quite a bit on the Metal Edge 2002 Tour, he struggled with a lot of daemons and issues and it was no secret, he just couldn't shake them...

A really talented artist and down to earth guy, far from the 'Rock Star' attitude that is common...

I believe she suffers from lupus and is just trying to live a normal life these days.

Last I heard a few years back, she was indeed living a normal life waiting tables for a living at some diner...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back