SG1 Ancient Drone

stefanchik

Hi People

I've paid the deposit for the Ancient Drone that was on Propstore,
does anyone know how many were made in total, and how the propstore one ranks in quality compared to the others

Stefan

Nope, just two sold, the second got broken and was resold because it was never payed for, then came back and was sold again, but only 2 sere made, a version with a light and one without....I gathered them from the set and auctioned them off :)

Not entirely surprised, I saw something I bid on and was second highest in the bidding put up for sale a second time and I couldn't get it that time. They should have offered it to me at my high bid. :angry

Do you know any of the production team Silverskyes ?
... I'm looking to get some of these LED's on circuit boards that were used in various items ... Ive looked online and cant find who makes them

the RPF - stefanchik's Album: Stargate Room Entrance Pic 1 - Picture

PS: I hate the whole 2nd chance thing myself, as you are asked to pay the "maximum amount" that you bid instead of what would be the next logical bid incrament if that high bidder is taken out of the equation

Stefan

Most if not all pcb type things were made custom for each application. The board inside your kino remote was custom made for those specifically . My door opener from sgu has working buttons and the pcb's in that are also custom. Their prop folks are pretty crafty and talented when it comes to pcb type stuff. Pretty sure you'll have to have them made. The buttons and LED's from your pics are the exact same kind that they used in my door opener. Should be the same as what's in your kino remote as well. With props, if it ain't broke don't fix it applies for reliability.

My two cents.

Do you know any of the production team Silverskyes ?
... I'm looking to get some of these LED's on circuit boards that were used in various items ... Ive looked online and cant find who makes them

PS: I hate the whole 2nd chance thing myself, as you are asked to pay the "maximum amount" that you bid instead of what would be the next logical bid incrament if that high bidder is taken out of the equation

Stefan

Thanks for the info Scirocco
I'd like to stick some of these inside my Air Lock controller,
as it is just a single light source of the kind found in computer screens (those thin high visibility tubes) so all the buttons on the air lock light at once and it would be nice to give it that extra functionailty
... looks like I better find a company who can make me a whole batch of them for me then :)

PS: was a bit peeved at missing the Naquadah generator yesterday when I bid over 3k for them ... thats life I guess .. "we can't have everything" LOL

Stefan

Pretty much used to disappointment when it comes to auctions. Every major item I've went after I've lost. Got my kino and remote via a straight purchase and is my crowned jewel of my paltry collection. Wanted one of the shuttle consoles and dude that got it obviously had double or triple what I had. Pondering the gak panels they have up today but shipping is about $500 on top of whatever they go for. My kids Christmas gift is about that and much more satisfying. I did get a wall panel and that will look good on my office door. It's not the scrubber panel I wanted but oh we'll. Can't have it all I guess. Love my kino and remote. Hope someone actually makes a copy of the hero so the archos devices I have will have a home. You can get refurbs on eBay for $59 and free shipping. I got two.

Thanks for the info Scirocco
I'd like to stick some of these inside my Air Lock controller,
as it is just a single light source of the kind found in computer screens (those thin high visibility tubes) so all the buttons on the air lock light at once and it would be nice to give it that extra functionailty
... looks like I better find a company who can make me a whole batch of them for me then :)

PS: was a bit peeved at missing the Naquadah generator yesterday when I bid over 3k for them ... thats life I guess .. "we can't have everything" LOL

Stefan

Ohhh dear, It was myself who actually bought "both" of the shuttle consoles :$ ... I figured they'd look awesome side by side so I put money no object bids in to acquire them :)

but some "good news" is that I'm gonna ship lots of props to Andy so he can make copies so that other people can also appreciate the items.

Thats actually one of my motivations behind seemingly greedily acquiring so much stuff, as not enough people share it around once they get the original. And many of these amazing items are just too good be in the collections of just a few

Dont want to go into details yet, but you can expect to see lots of awesome replica's in the junkyard in the coming months.

The first shipment of items is going out to him on the 27th Dec :D

Ohhh dear, It was myself who actually bought "both" of the shuttle consoles :$ ... I figured they'd look awesome side by side so I put money no object bids in to acquire them :)

but some "good news" is that I'm gonna ship lots of props to Andy so he can make copies so that other people can also appreciate the items.

Thats actually one of my motivations behind seemingly greedily acquiring so much stuff, as not enough people share it around once they get the original. And many of these amazing items are just too good be in the collections of just a few

Dont want to go into details yet, but you can expect to see lots of awesome replica's in the junkyard in the coming months.

The first shipment of items is going out to him on the 27th Dec :D

That is what i say! That is how it should be . .. Thank you!

I look forward to see what Andy is going to cook up!

Yea, I know, and I hope that this time I'm successful on the generator bid :D
... you can certainly expect to see working replicas in the Junkyard if I do acquire it
... If not, then "thats all folks", as this is the very last one due to 3 only ever being made by the SG1 production team

Hey all,

Yes, all the boards and PCB were custom made by production, in most cases they used high intensity surface mount LED's like the pictures posted in this thread, I have a-couple boards left actually, singular white LED's and multi changing one, shoot me a PM, i'll send them your way, might be a little since it's the holiday season though :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back