sesame Street Robot...

That's before my time too, he must not have lasted long as I'd have remembered seeing something like that in the 80s.

I don't remember SAM at all but after watching that I DO remember seeing SAM's body in something else, though I can't recall what. I'm sure they removed his eyes and mouth and recycled him at some point.

I'm starting to recall that SAM's body may have been used in The Muppet Show at some point, where they put things into that round portal under that front hatch, he makes some noise, then the hatch swings down again and the thing they wanted made comes out. I'm not entirely sure about this but that's what I'm remembering.

I remember this; never cared for the character. Not only wasn't he funny, but I couldn't get over that he has big Muppet googly eyes. Is he a robot or a living Muppet creature? Too goofy (even for wee little Treadwell).

Don't remember it. Looks like they were trying too hard to be everything.

It's huge!

SSSeason4Cast.jpg

I don't remember SAM at all but after watching that I DO remember seeing SAM's body in something else, though I can't recall what. I'm sure they removed his eyes and mouth and recycled him at some point.

Into a TARDIS console perhaps? :love

I was also going to guess the resemblence to the Venus Space Probe from Six Million Dollar Man as well (that thing IS burned in my brain). As much as I watched Sesame Street when I was a kid, I still can't quite remember SAM in the same vein as the other characters. But maybe I didn't really watch it that much until about 1975-76, which would have been the tail end of SAM's appearances.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back