Serenity grenade help

donsolo

So I wanted to try and scratch build one of the grenades from Serenity, like the rubber ones from The Propstore of London that were screen used. I have pretty good idea of the size and proportions, but I really want to get it as close to the real ones as possible. Here's what I've got drawn up:

What I'm looking for is someone with one of the screen used grenades, or a cast of one, who would be willing to help out by getting the true dimensions. I could then update the drawing, and IÂ’d know what to start looking for in the way of parts.

Ultimately, I'd love to make a hollow one that would blink red when the top was twisted. To start off though, I just plan on making a hollow or solid version that is true to the original. I've looked around, and I didn't see any fan made ones in here... did I miss someone's work?

I have casts from a screen used one. I'll try and get you measurements later today. You aren't far off though.

If you need a cast of the black knob, let me know :)

That would be perfect, thanks.

BTW, where'd you get your cast? Does someone have a kit I've overlooked?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back