Secret Cinema - Empire Strikes Back

muzTV

Is anyone making a costume for this in the UK?

I am attending on the 17th of July and need to start working on my costume.

It's a blast! The BTTF one was beyond what they'd achieved beforehand, and outgrew their boots a little. This time they have a separate company running the finance side of things to make sure things get done properly.

It's a great laugh, its worth every penny IMHO.

It's worth going all out on the costume. Few people go without dressing up and they must feel awkward. It would be like wearing full Jedi gear to Tesco!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

What's the actual film screening like? I'm still on the fence because London is quite far from me. Sounds a blast though. Would it be good for a person on their own? (yes, cue the world's smallest violin for the guy who doesn't know any other star wars fans:lol)

I'm looking into going in July. Bit of a trek but my friends all seem eager. I'll be making everyone's costumes. Lots of asemetrical shoulder armour and belts ought to do.

@intwenothor Would you mind PMing me where in London it is and when the film ends? I know it's meant to be a secret, but I'll have a train to catch haha :lol. Gonna get a ticket when I know. Also is photography of the event allowed?

No photography allowed. The venue is a warehouse somewhere in South London I believe.

Tickets are £75 each but I would say worth every penny. Yes my friend I would still go on your own. The cast will interact with you and you can talk to as many or as few people as you wish. I'm all method me...I end up looking more like a paid actor than a punter!

How much do the scarf colours matter? going soon and only have a black bandana thing. Don't fancy one of those big keffiyehs too much in July lol.

They do matter. It identifies who your characer type is to the actors so that they can interact with you accordingly. For example if you are a smuggler you may be asked to trade or steal something for an alien dealer...and you would certainly want to avoid being searched by stormtroopers!

Well worth going. I went a month ago and had such an awesome time. Defo recommend going in full costume and trying to interact with the cast as much as possible. I got told off by Uncle Owen for talking about the academy with Luke and letting him race around in my speeder up at my place and a Jedi told me. "May the Force be with you" ��.

The food and drink is what you'd expect to pay at any sort of festival so not cheap but it was so cool to have a drink in a very popular Star Wars location.

The he films over by 11 I think and you have another 30-40 minutes to walk around, have a drink and look at the sets without all he crowds.

Bring seeds

image.jpg

Last edited:
I went as a sort of sith lord using most of the soft parts and some of the hard parts and electronics from my 1:1 vader with an old MR lightsaber which was great. Most of the 'rebel' actors were openly wary of me (one accusing me of being in league with the most evil man in the galaxy) but the imperials sucked right up. One imperial commander was particularly obsequious to me asking me if he could do anything for me etc. At one point he asked me what my mission was and how it was going. I coldly told him it was none of his business. He clicked his heels said 'of course my lord, I apologise, I meant no offence at all' and scurried off looking scared. Great night out.

Expensive champagne beer.

Went the other day, was talking to the characters and got a little confused. Was a bit like a weird version of KOTOR where you converse and build up the mission as you go along.

That said, something about it felt a bit off to me. Whether it was the "marine drill sergeant"-style rebels or the good-but-slightly-wrong-looking outfits, or all the scarves and rebelx stuff, it didn't feel bang on the mark 100%.

Lots of positives though, the cantina was cool. I had to talk to Han and Chewie and they were spot on. The guy playing Han had the attitude and mannerisms down, I kept trying to give him chocolate coins for information while saying "please" and he made me feel totally out of my depth :lol. The Jawas were cool. I reckon it'd be good if you brought items from ALL the ranks, not just your own. That way you can interact with more actors (a lot of them will only give you the "quest" in return for random object X or Y etc)

The whole concept would be great as a role-play themepark, it did feel like a live action kotor/swtor at it's high points.

I wonder where they got the armour etc from? it looks good but not great. I was trying to figure it out all evening haha #rpf

I brought my freshly finished graflex ESB along on my belt, but most people had £4.99 argos sabers and kitchen table costumes so don't feel under pressure or anything, its more the thought that counts. The brick lane popup shop has costume parts but it can be a bit pricey.

I went yesterday. It was very enjoyable. I went for a Kyle Katarn lite costume.

A lot of effort by the production and it was well worth the price. The location was very well realised. I wish there was a permanent version as the bar alone is the best kind of nightclub. You can get knee-deep in to the narrative or be a passive bystander. I was dancing in the cantina and grilling a dancer for info while my friend was seeking passage off-world from a certain smuggler.

The stuff right before and during the showing were particularly thrilling.

I will be going and i will be wearing the crudest costume ever, only just getting into this sort of thing hence the new membership of this forum!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back