Seburo M-5, Gift from a Friend

wuher da brewer

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This weekend there was a con. Like usual, it was an excuse to get together with local area prop collectors and hang out. We were still drinking and reminiscing at 5:00 am so you know it was a good time. My houseguests, Funky Jedi and Mostly Harmless gave this to me so I had to show it off. It's a Seburo M-5 from Ghost in the Shell.

For those of you who don't know, Seburo is a fictional small arms manufacturer commonly found in many of the works of manga artist Masamune Shirow. He frequently attributes the Seburo name to advanced, high-velocity, small-caliber weapons.

Seburo M5 is a medium-sized SA/DA handgun that fires 5.45 x 18 mm 7N7 cartridge used in the Russian PSM and OTs-23 pistols. M5 has an ambidextrous safety, and its magazine holds 20 rounds. Official sidearm of Motoko, Saito, Boma and possibly Paz.

seburom5.jpg

:eek I'm a pretty big Shirow fan. That is a beautiful piece.

Hey Funky. Where do us mere mortals get Shirow guns?

I skipped the con to go to the Stars game. It was an exciting, if frustrating, hockey game. At least the Stars put up enough of a fight to force overtime. I'm glad I got to be there.... even with the poor puck handling and equally poor passing :confused

Sorry for getting off topic... about those Shirow guns?

Even the grips are rubberized.

I was really pleased the way this turned out, nothing but the best for my buddy Evan. :D

Here's the one i finished up for my good buddy Timmie (RudolphT)

m5b.jpg

Still have to do my own.

Here's my CX:
seburo3.jpg

Hopefully i will have time this year to build a 9-weapon :D

Cheers,

Marc

gah i need one of those M5's... there site cosplay site i had bookmarked a while ago that sold castings for like $90 i think...almost finished with my CX Exploder too

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back