Searching for specific Hex Bar/rod/shaft/Allen Key

MangyDog

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Right I apologise as this isnt actually for a replica prop but something more work related... I hope that isnt an issue...

Im in a pickle... We have an SMD encoder http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1676945.pdf

And it has a 2mm diameter (point to point) hexagonal keyhole. It also shows 1.72-1.73 flat to flat in that hexagonal key.

Trouble is I simple cant find anything that fits anywhere... So ive come here hoping that the huge wealth of people who know where to find things might know where I can get some of these...

The idea is that a thumb wheel (similar to a mouse wheel) is connected to the same rod, one end goes into the encoder the other end is held in place inside a brass tube.

But I just cant find the rods/bars/thing that would fit this key...

Can anyone help me source something?

I have even resorted to trying out a few allen keys close to the size, but nothing really fits, the closest I could get is 1/16th 1.5mm flat to flat but this has far too much play and will eventually chew the key away...

The last resort is to superglue the 1.5 in and hope the glue fills up the space, but this is permanent and if i ever had to take it apart ill be screwed. Not to mention the super glue could end up gluing the rotary encoder mechanism shut and not work any more...

Please Halp!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back