SE-14R Rexim Trooper Blaster Pistol Scope Prop Discovery!

Thanks man!!

Oh, and the thickened trigger guard doesn't print that way, that's Apoxie Sculpt.

I should just add the thick guard into the model itself, though.

Of course, I don't see myself printing another Rexim anytime soon, I've got this one, and another that has been mostly cleaned up/sanded, but has yet to be assembled into a Dr Evazan version.

I certainly have no shortage of scopes!!!

The last few pics here I'm trying to figure out which rectangular part is on that left side...
Those look like the same pieces as on the right side of the Merr-Sonn blaster's magazine. What are they?

merrson2.jpg

I wish I knew whether it's scaled correctly. Sometimes I feel like it's a little longer than a real Rexim. Can anyone measure the length of their MorganThirteen kit? That's his board name, right? I can never remember, but it's a masterpiece of a kit!
What's the OAL of your main barrel tube, including the front and rear knurled bits? The 3D model I'm printing from was derived from an original Rexim, so I know there's no mould shrinkage or anything to worry about. I'll dig it up tonight and check the length. Also, PM inbound.

Last edited:
Yes, it's believed one of the same rectangular greeblies found on the Merr Sonn is also what's on the side of the magazine well on the SE-14R.

I'll have to measure tomorrow, going to beddy bye for now! Nighty, folks!

Guys, if anyone is bidding on a certain scope on eBay, I don't think it's got the correct eye piece, just FYI. You may wanna ask for better pics.

Can you describe your process for smoothing printed parts? This looks amazingly smooth, even the knurl! Really nice work.

Excellent work and a fascinating read! I'm a bit late to the party, but one of these days I'd like to get an SE-14R build underway and this has been quite helpful.

I would love to build an OT version of the SE-14R, but all the ones is see kits for are the R1 versions.

Re-reading this thread, I guess no one chimed in about the square Merr-Sonn greeblie. Thats an old RS button, also on some other stuff (DDC, AT-AT driver chest box, X-Wing controls). I found a couple, took me YEARS. Do folks still think it’s on the SE-14?
8A2C1F10-1891-4640-9096-474629C6D404.jpeg

Re-reading this thread, I guess no one chimed in about the square Merr-Sonn greeblie. Thats an old RS button, also on some other stuff (DDC, AT-AT driver chest box, X-Wing controls). I found a couple, took me YEARS. Do folks still think it’s on the SE-14?
View attachment 1596746
I bought some very similar ones on eBay, not perfect but pretty darn close! That’s what I plan to use when and if I ever get around to building one of these.

Very close in size, though their technical drawing is confusing, are they 12 or 14mm square? (12 is about the right size)

Hey, Dann, how did you, as you put it, separate the dust cover? I found one 3D model posted online that had the outer tube as a separate piece from the bolt/ejector, but it was just a show-off post and not downloadable or purchasable. I don't much like the rotated dust cover -- it kinda clashes with the ejectors being present and visible on the E-11 and DL-44 and DH-17. But I would like the option. I have the Rogue One version, which I like muchly and intend to detail as much as possible like the original, except for the rotated dust cover... But the purist in me wants that as an option.

And speaking of detailing, did we ever get any more insight into the wire-mounted cylindrical piece?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back