Sculpting Materials?

SkyBlazeHunter

Hello! So i have 2 projects right now. One is makeing a pred bio , the other is makeing a mask of a prawn from district 9.
I was wondering,
What do you usually use to sculpt your originals out of? Just an oil based clay?
Hardening earth clay? Bakeing clay?

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks guys!!!
Laura

i prefer Chavant NSP Medium. It's an oil based clay with out sulphur. it's a pretty hard clay which is nice. i find it hard to smooth down but it will hold your details against accidental dents. Use a crock pot to soften it and blocking becomes super easy.

Hey xdmray, I am in Grand Junction, CO, just down the street from you! Cool to see a fellow Coloradan on here! :) Where do you find your clay at around here or do you have to order it online?

hey heb. i ordered most of it from monster makers. but now i get the local art store to order it for me.
The Artist's Mercantile & Gallery. they are on Cooper.

hey man as far as tools go i made my ownthe two in the middle are the ones i made! the 2 on the outside i used for reference, and they work really good..
saves on cost as some ofthese tools can cost upto $12 others more and other less. but if you run a budget making them saves you alot!
Hope this helps you out some!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back