"Sculpting a Galaxy" book in November

<div class='quotetop'></div>
It is my understanding that the book is more of an art book, with the models photographed nicely against a white backdrop, as opposed to a Chronicles-type book with behind the scenes stuff. [/b]
From what I have, it's a bit of both.

I bought the Dressing Deluxe edition for my Wife, now it will be time for her to make the circle complete. I can't wait to get this one. The extras sound great.

Shelf reinforcement is a must with these books.

Does anyone know if there will be any other books like this about Star Wars? Perhaps one covering droids etc?

no to start another AA debate...

but im curious to see if any credit will be given to whoever sculpted the stormtrooper faceplates??? :unsure

man, how detailed is the landspeeder/figs that come with it, i dont know that ive ever seen up close pics of the filming miniature...

how close is it?

who made them?

that would be a big deciding factor in getting the pricey edition...

<div class='quotetop'>(oldken @ Aug 23 2006, 10:47 PM) [snapback]1305959[/snapback]</div>
no to start another AA debate...

but im curious to see if any credit will be given to whoever sculpted the stormtrooper faceplates??? :unsure

man, how detailed is the landspeeder/figs that come with it, i dont know that ive ever seen up close pics of the filming miniature...

how close is it?

who made them?

that would be a big deciding factor in getting the pricey edition...
[/b]
Lorne Peterson resculpted them especially for the book and they are 6.5" long. Apparently the originals of that size were lost. They will come with the figures as well. The Barnes & Noble site has the most information I could find and well as the best price so far. There are pictures around of the unpainted models but I think they will come painted. I know the model commonly on exhibit was much larger perhaps 18" as it was sized for 12" GI-Joe figures.

<div class='quotetop'>(forttusken @ Aug 23 2006, 08:32 PM) [snapback]1305853[/snapback]</div>
...I bought the Dressing Deluxe edition for my Wife...[/b]
You have a wife who likes Star Wars? Where can I get one of those?... :confused

<div class='quotetop'>(Eagle @ Aug 24 2006, 12:49 AM) [snapback]1306032[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(forttusken @ Aug 23 2006, 08:32 PM) [snapback]1305853[/snapback]
...I bought the Dressing Deluxe edition for my Wife...[/b]
You have a wife who likes Star Wars? Where can I get one of those?... :confused
[/b][/quote]

I guess I am just lucky. It helps that they went all out in the Prequals on Padme's costumes but she enjoys the storyline too. :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back