Screen Used Star Trek Blog

Thanks. I'm getting that a lot. Someone is bumping this thread down for some reason. I guess I'll have to ask one of the mods what's up.

It's almost like I have a stalker or something. I better take a screen cap.

LLAP

Don

Last edited:
Good little story, I didn't know robert miller had died. Is a sickness the reason he began selling pieces off long ago? I remember the klingon disruptor but was not sure on it either.
The rubber stunt lost in space pistol perhaps I should have tried to get too when he sold it but was not sure on it.

Great site. I love sites with facts and no name calling. Your last post was very interesting. I read that Propworx was closing its doors but I did not know about the bankruptcy. I did a little research and found Propworx has filed for bankruptcy. I found the list of creditors listed in the filing to be very interesting.

James

Good little story, I didn't know robert miller had died. Is a sickness the reason he began selling pieces off long ago? I remember the klingon disruptor but was not sure on it either.

I don't believe he was ill at the time. After I purchased the Disruptor from him, we had several phone conversations about collecting and the subject never came up. He was a very nice guy and it was sad when I got the news from his wife.

Great site. I love sites with facts and no name calling. Your last post was very interesting. I read that Propworx was closing its doors but I did not know about the bankruptcy. I did a little research and found Propworx has filed for bankruptcy. I found the list of creditors listed in the filing to be very interesting.

James

Me too, but what I found most interesting is the fact that some people think "closing our doors" and "bankruptcy" are the same thing. They are definitely not. Any business can voluntarily cease operation at any time (close their doors) providing they don't owe money. A business only declares bankruptcy if they owe money they can't pay. Though I guess technically one must close doors if in bankruptcy.

I own a business, and I don't take the difference between those two concepts lightly at all. But then, I'm a stickler for the truth.

Last edited:
Also with a bankrupt company all their guarantees mean nothing down the road.
A creditor could be awarded the propworx domain. Then all records of what was sold and pictures could be lost.
It could be real hard to verify things down the road. Saving image files and hard catalogs of the live auction are helpful but a lot was sold online only.
Other sites do archive some of the star trek sales. But if a creditor is awarded the domain and other things; all of that information could be removed via legal request.

I don't believe he was ill at the time. After I purchased the Disruptor from him, we had several phone conversations about collecting and the subject never came up. He was a very nice guy and it was sad when I got the news from his wife.

Me too, but what I found most interesting is the fact that some people think "closing our doors" and "bankruptcy" are the same thing. They are definitely not. Any business can voluntarily cease operation at any time (close their doors) providing they don't owe money. A business only declares bankruptcy if they owe money they can't pay. Though I guess technically one must close doors if in bankruptcy.

I own a business, and I don't take the difference between those two concepts lightly at all. But then, I'm a stickler for the truth.

Just thought that I'd stick my big snoot in to this and make an unsolicited observation now that I have pieced together who both sides are in the issue from separate posts:

Neither side is better than the other in this fight, so neither one of you have reason to feel superior. I don't say that as a matter of rules of evidence, I say that as a disinterested third party that is (one of many) caught in the middle of this little spat on this very public forum. As a neutral observer with no dog in this fight, I can tell you that you both are coming across loud and clear as passive-aggressive ninnies. If I didn't know better I'd swear that you were two teenage girls fighting over a boy, doing the equivalent of communicating through friends and by passing notes to avoid direct contact, all while the boy has moved on to dating other people.

If you two have issues with each other, which it is darn clear that you do, then might I politely suggest that you two either choose to talk directly to each other privately and try and find common ground, or simply choose to take the high road and say nothing at all to spare the rest of us from having to endure the drama along with you. At this point it doesn't matter who started what, or who originally was right and who was wrong, because now you're both wrong due to your behavior. Speaking only for myself, I'd be embarrassed if I carried on in such a way in public, but that's just me and your mileage will certainly vary.

Best wishes to you both for the hope of working out an amicable resolution to your mutual loathing, or at the very least that it's kept private in the future so that the rest of us aren't forced to think any less of you two due to this entirely unnecessary behavior. We're all adults after all, yes, and there's absolutely no need for so much drama and bad blood because of opinions over the consistency of, or who currently owns, a few old painted bits of cloth, wood, or plastic memorabilia.

Please consider resolving your issues, gentlemen, or forever holding your peace.

Just thought that I'd stick my big snoot in to this and make an unsolicited observation now that I have pieced together who both sides are in the issue from separate posts:

Go ahead and post a similar rant specifically addressed to Alec on his bankruptcy thread, and give us reason to believe your high-minded rhetoric. Until that happens, you're no 'neutral observer'.

Go ahead and post a similar rant specifically addressed to Alec on his bankruptcy thread, and give us reason to believe your high-minded rhetoric. Until that happens, you're no 'neutral observer'.

It's OK, RK, he means well. I have no problem with it. Keep in mind – he can't know what we know.

(WARNING: I'm highly caffeinated, so that means a monolog to follow)

I cannot control your feelings on the matter, only mine after being exposed to the dirty laundry. In the end it really doesn't matter what I, or anyone else, thinks about either individual. Both sides have already lost due to their public behavior over what, based on the information available, would seem to be nothing more than petty silliness. Like I said, it doesn't matter in a childish and passive-aggressive fight who is which percentage right and which percentage wrong, because both sides lost the moment they forced a group of disinterested folks in to the middle of the two flinging fist fulls of poo back and forth.

To directly address your comment about posting in the thread of the other party, there's no need. I wasn't able to find a thread where a 'grow up' comment would be on topic, like this thread is clearly a match for, and the odds are a virtual certainty that the other party regularly follows this thread, so there's no need to spam my thoughts across the site when one place will certainly do.

My best and sincere wishes that the two parties can either work out their drama, confront each other privately so that the rest of us are not forced to ensure the poo flinging, or at the very least be adults about their disagreement and choose to move on. Don and I chatted through PM's after my post and while I respect his views, and his clear anger and frustration over whatever the specifics are (that I'm not interested in hearing, BTW), we're cordially agreeing to disagree that the general public should be dragged in to the middle. He has his opinion and I have mine, and each are valid to ourselves, so the choice will be mine and mine alone if I will choose to ignore the fight as best I can in the future, actively block the fighters entirely through the forum controls so that I'm not even exposed to it, or simply continue to watch the petty behavior... that decision is pending.

This is all that I have left to say on the subject and I hope that both parties choose to either resolve the issue to their satisfaction (preferred), or at the very least keep it to themselves (that'll do, too).

Best,

Terry

PS - The definition of 'neutral observer' means that the party has no vested interest in the cause or outcome of a conflict, which I don't, not that the N.E. won't call the conflicting parties out on their bad behavior by suggesting that it stop immediately.

Don:

Awesome post on your Disruptor: intriguing and a pleasure to read - and perhaps some congratulations are in order.

-MJ

Don:

Awesome post on your Disruptor: intriguing and a pleasure to read - and perhaps some congratulations are in order.

-MJ

Appreciate that, Mike – thanks. My fingers are crossed.

I checked out your Blog, too. Great stuff! The HD Alien stuff was especially interesting to me. I grabbed a few as well as the ST3 Merchantman shot. I've never seen a better cap. Thanks.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back