Screen-used props you've passed up, then regretted later?

Crowbot

Are there any screen-used props or costumes that you have had the opportunity to acquire, but didn't, then regretted it? Probably MOST items that are passed up are due to cost, but how about that one that you either just didn't think to get it, or didn't realise what it was until too late?
In 1993, I worked at Walt Disney World in Florida. They had a store at the Disney-MGM Studios that sold autographs, costumes, and small props. There was a Cast Member store called "Bargain Basement" that sold damaged or clearance items at 75% off. Once at BB I saw a textbook with a cover for a school called "Welton". Wondered if it was from Lost and Found or something. Finally realised, a few weeks later, that it was a book from "Dead Poets Society", and I could have had it for $7.

Great topic.

The only thing that comes close in my book is when I was sniped on Ebay by another member here for a screen used Slice bottle from BTTF2 for $600!

For me it was an Ori wrist gauntlet from Stargate during Propworx auctions, it was hitting 2k at the time and i backed off, think I was second high bidder. Thinking back I really regret not going that lil bit extra, it was an amazing piece..machined extending blades etc....

Ah well..one day!

I also regret not really even thinking about buying the "A" Armor from Starship Troopers that was on Ebay around 2000-01. It was about $400 for a full set, $70 for a helmet.

I was so close to getting some screen-used costume hat from one of the medilab workers in Fifth Element. Lost it for a couple of bucks, lol

The original 'Activating Evolution' book from the first season of Heroes. I set myself a top amount to pay and it went for almost double that :lol

Still trying to track that down though. I'd pay more now! :facepalm

Those articulated, mechanical robot spiders from the Selleck movie "Runaway." I had the chance to buy several, only bought one. The original resin "In the Line of Fire" pistol from the prop maker, bought one, could have had the other. On both of these, I feel fortunate to have gotten one each but with the offers I have gotten for them, I'd be REALLY fortunate if I had spares to sell. Had a chance to buy an entire lot of guns from one of the major studios ... all handcrafted of wood. From the era when the real guns were being used in WWII and prop shops used extremely accurate wood replicas for non closeup shots. The craftsmanship was remarkable but I passed and now regret it.

Being a huge Doc Savage fan, I still regret I was to young (and poor) to purchase the portable laboratory and traveling case that Doc used in a few scenes. I would happily pay far more now for it!

Those articulated, mechanical robot spiders from the Selleck movie "Runaway." I had the chance to buy several, only bought one. The original resin "In the Line of Fire" pistol from the prop maker, bought one, could have had the other. On both of these, I feel fortunate to have gotten one each but with the offers I have gotten for them, I'd be REALLY fortunate if I had spares to sell. Had a chance to buy an entire lot of guns from one of the major studios ... all handcrafted of wood. From the era when the real guns were being used in WWII and prop shops used extremely accurate wood replicas for non closeup shots. The craftsmanship was remarkable but I passed and now regret it.

I'd love to have one of those! That's one of those great, terrible movies I could just watch over and over. That's also probably one of the cheapest "Movie Car" replicas someone could build- just buy an old Ford Tempo for a few hundred bucks, paint it flat brown....

Mine would be some of the Master Replicas Star Wars pieces.....I wasn't originally that into some of them, by the time I discovered their quality, the prices had gone way up (and they lost the license). Now, if I want it....I BUY IT!! ;)

I had a chance to buy one of the hero ALF puppets right after the show ended.

Wish I'd bought that. I loved ALF.

Wow, that wasn't one I was expecting. Pretty cool though. Alf was a lot of fun (and corny as hell!). I assume since it was so long ago, no pics?

Tom

The costume and sword used by Dolph Lundgren in Masters of the Universe. God I wanted those so badly but I just didn't have the money for them. And an original head from Harry and the Hendersons. Oh how it sucks to be poor!

Passed on couple of the lighted circuit boards from the original Lost in Space Jupiter 2 set.
I bought two control panels in that deal. A SAGE Radar controller that was used somewhere in LIS (maybe the space pod). A cut down panel from the Spindrift, that was recycled to the POTA "escape" space ship. But I am kicking myself today for not buying everything the seller had to offer.

Oh the list......if it was outbids on ebay that would go on forever.

Strangely enough in real life "here it is....do you want it" not so much. Let me think....

hmmm....

no...no point. All you do is get all teary eyed and then realise how stupid you were. Look to the future I say.

Plenty more stuff to NOT buy at the right time...lol.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back