Screen used props and selling them

Jack Bauer

Sr Member
So let's say you have a screen used prop that is "A BIG deal" that people would only WISH they had because no good refrence exists. Were talking a working prop that is a huge hit and could go for some serious money.

How does one go about sellign it for a coule grand? 12 hundred at least? But it is a prop that someone can't EVER make public that they A) have, B) was some how obtained, etc etc etc.

Have any of you ever sold something like this? Is there a market out there that you post something like this?

I am not saying I have something like this, just ALWAYS wondered.

or do I? LOL. tee hee. JK. or am I?

That'd be a difficult sell if you can't say what it is, and neither could the buyer once they paid for it. I guess if you could find someone you knew was a very hardcore collector and very interested in the film it was used from, you could get in contact with them to see if they would be interested and if they could keep the secret. But there's no gurantee, and no safeguards... so yeah. Hard sell.

What is it you "don't" have? :angel

It happens all the time. Many screen used collectors are very discreet and secretive about their collections. Many understand that sometimes, you can be offered a piece and not show it to anyone. Sometimes you buy a piece and decide yourself not to show it. About half of my collection is private at the moment but Ive had many pieces Ive been told be various sellers never to show or speak about. I have also brokered many as well, the most expensive being a little over $20k. For screen used collectors, its just part of the game.

And at the end of the day, what you may or may not have for sale, may not mean as much to someone else.

And they may not think it is worth what you are asking for it

I've brokered screen used pieces for years that never see the light of day.

PM me for additional info.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back