Screen printed Stormtrooper helmet decals: the long way

Nairod

Hi guys. It's been a while since my last thread here. Been busy by others projects, personnal life, etc... you know what I mean.

Props missed me so I decided to get back to an old project.

By the past, I made some screen printed decals for some stormtroopers and TIE pilot helmets in the accurate way. But it was a very very long process and a little bit painfull.

I improved the way to create those decals. Still not perfect (but the screen used decals weren't ^^) but I guess better.

As you can see on the pics below, ESB style (which appears on ESB stunt, MKII and ROTJ V1) is different from ROTJ style (which appears on ROTJ V2, stunt and "Hero").

Shape and color.

For the ESB style, I used reference pictures and close up of screen used helmet and corrected the shape since it's curved on the helmet and that I needed the shape flat.

For ROTJ style, I used a resin cast of a screen used ROTJ helmet (those call Hero ROTJ) which was casted with its original decals.

The blue stripes are the same for both (I used the ROTJ shape).
DSCN4138.JPGDSCN4139.JPGDSCN4140.JPGDSCN4141.JPGDSCN4142.JPGDSCN4143.JPG

Geez, that looks damn perfect!

Did you just ask about a run? Of course I would’ve in for two or three sets... (y)

Thanks man. Some people asked me. I could make a kind of run but I have no idea about a price.

I live in France thus I have the shipping which don't be cheap (even if it's small and flat parts that can be shipped in letter).

I don't want to be expensive. It's not professionnaly made and it's just decals.

But the paint used aren't cheap, the screen is very thin and need to be often wash. Which cause damages. So I have to recreate and new screen with pattern etc...

So it's hard to ask for a price which is correct and can cover the stuff and time need :-/

Someone may help me (since I've lost all my library of star wars props due to a hard drive crash).
I'm looking for good pictures (and close up) of screen used TIE pilot helmet.

I've done the pattern for the decals but I'm not sure about the color. I remember a silver finish. But I guess it's on ROTJ helmet.

I'm curious to see how it is on an untouched ANH helmet.

Thanks.

Thanks. That's one close up of this helmet that helped me to create the pattern.

And it really looks silver.

As far as I can tell, the hero helmets had silver decals and the background helmets white, so both would be correct.
I’d say they painted silver over the original white decals but I’m far from being a Tie Pilot expert.

I’d personally prefer silver as I would go for the silver highlighted versions anyway.

Hi guys. It's been a while since my last thread here. Been busy by others projects, personnal life, etc... you know what I mean.

By the past, I made some screen printed decals for some stormtroopers and TIE pilot helmets in the accurate way. But it was a very very long process and a little bit painfull.

I improved the way to create those decals. Still not perfect (but the screen used decals weren't ^^) but I guess better.

As you can see on the pics below, ESB style (which appears on ESB stunt, MKII and ROTJ V1) is different from ROTJ style (which appears on ROTJ V2, stunt and "Hero").

Shape and color.

For the ESB style, I used reference pictures and close up of screen used helmet and corrected the shape since it's curved on the helmet and that I needed the shape flat.

For ROTJ style, I used a resin cast of a screen used ROTJ helmet (those call Hero ROTJ) which was casted with its original decals.

View attachment 1273162View attachment 1273163View attachment 1273164View attachment 1273165View attachment 1273166View attachment 1273167
I'd love a set!

Shape and color.

View attachment 1273162View attachment 1273163View attachment 1273164View attachment 1273165View attachment 1273166View attachment 1273167
I ended up getting multiple sets of his decals, they are absolutely perfect! I would like to get my hands on a few more.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back