Screen accurate Gamora (GotG) costume

Lythara

Hi All,

After lurking here for way too long I decided to post some of my work in progress as I attempt to recreate Gamora's costume for the upcoming London Film and Comic Con. The only thing I know right now that won't be screen accurate are the boots as I am already 6.1ft tall and adding heels to my boots will make me Godzilla and not Gamora :) Feel free to ask questions and/or give me feedback. Thanks!

Collar - WIP
The collar will be made from worbla, and held together with a magnet closure at the front. I need to work out if there is enough flex in the material if I am able to get it on without damaging the paint and the aluminium hexagons on it or if I need to make a hidden hinge in the back.

Collar_05.jpgCollar_01.jpgCollar_02.jpgCollar_03.jpgCollar_04.jpg

The rings were a good deal on eBay, I will customize them with Worbla, the beads are for my hair and leather cord around my legs.
And the belt buckles are aluminium, I just need to re-watch GotG to see what what else she has on her belt.
Rings.jpgBeads.jpgOverview.jpgBuckles.jpg

Lastly the un-styled lace front wig - I should have learned Chinese as I think the process of getting the colours right would have been less painful :) And a test with Rigid Collodion from Mehron to make my facial markings.

Wig.jpgRigid.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice so far! What body paint are you gonna use for this?
In the "Art of GOTG" they have really nice closeup shot of Gamora's makeup it will probably help

( I think godzilla's sexy)

You could always add the heels for a photoshoot maybe?

I have booked a professional body painter, mainly to make sure I get a flawless finish and durability. Prior to booking I researched many options and found that airbrushing is the fastest and most streak free way of painting, hence I went looking for someone who could do this for me.

The boots look amazing and I still would like to make them, a photo shoot is a probably the best place to wear them :)

Ah great, yeah airbrushing is a good idea, and will definitly give you a better result ,
Excited to see more of your build :)

I decided that every girl needs an orb, so I have added the Infinity orb on my to-do-list.
https://www.facebook.com/CustomCrafting was so kind to sell me one of his amazing 3d printed orbs which I have primed with a filler primer today. Tomorrow it will be sanded again and painted with a matt black, before the final detailing with Rub 'n Buff.
Orb_01.jpgOrb_02.jpgOrb_03.jpg

Gamora her bracers are tricky and after many paper prototypes, I finally have started to craft them with materials.
As her bracers have a texture I got 3cm textured rubber, the blue accents are faux leather combined with webbing buckles, which are weathered and scuffed.
It takes about 4m of rubber to make one bracer minus the thumb part and closures.
Bracer_01.jpgBracer_02.jpg

I have recycled a pair of old boots which currently have the patterns stuck on top of them, I will cut the patterns from stiff faux leather and the front bit - alligator texture faux leather was very similar to the screen version - will be riveted down. I will probably have to draft in the help of my local cobbler.
Boots_01.jpgBoots_02.jpgBoots_03.jpg

And finally I weathered and marked up most of my buckles :)
Buckles_01.jpg

@Lythara

I'll have the V2.0 available very soon if your interested ;)

I have a run going on here. Let me know if you want to be added to the list.

More progress YAY! Still more to do BOOH!

Made a start on my collar, using Worbla and foam. I had to make a seam in the back part as it is too rigid and I wouldn't be able to part it far enough to get it round my neck.
This will be sprayed with filler primer and touched up with flexible filler before it gets painted. Before the primer goes on I will reheat the Worbla and press all the aluminum 'hexagons' in the collar so when they get attached it sits flush in the collar. The collar closes via magnets encased in the Worbla.

Collar_06.jpgCollar_08.jpgCollar_09.jpgCollar_07.jpg

And my boots are done, this is the only piece of the costume I have taken a bit of creative license as I am already very tall heels would make me Gamora Godzilla.
My local cobbler was awesome enough to take on this project :)

Boots_04.jpgBoots_05.jpgBoots_06.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

@Soulinertia Yes please ... let me know timings as I need it before July :)

Collar_06.jpg

Collar_07.jpg

Collar_08.jpg

Collar_09.jpg

Boots_04.jpg

Boots_05.jpg

Boots_06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been really tardy with my updates as I have been working a lot on the costume and doing work, work. However pics below ... enjoy! Nearly done :D

Costume_08.jpgCostume_09.jpgCostume_02.jpgCostume_03.jpgCostume_04.jpgCostume_05.jpgCostume_06.jpgCostume_07.jpgCostume_01.jpgstuff_01.jpgCollar_12.jpgCollar_11.jpgCollar_13.jpgCollar_14.jpgweapon_01.jpgweapon_02.jpgweapon_03.jpgweapon_04.jpg

So here is Gamora without her trademark green tan :)
I'm ready for next weeks London Film and Comic Con, only greener!

View attachment 500117View attachment 500116

This is coming together fantastically! It'll be great to see it when you're painted up. Are you going as part of a GOTG group or just a solo, fierce Gamora?
For the worbla, did you follow a pre-existing pattern or try recreating the armor from reference photos?

This is coming together fantastically! It'll be great to see it when you're painted up. Are you going as part of a GOTG group or just a solo, fierce Gamora?
For the worbla, did you follow a pre-existing pattern or try recreating the armor from reference photos?

Nope I will be solo Gamora, after all I just stole Star Lord's Orb :)
All my Worbla props were made from hand drawn patterns that I created myself, I just looked at a lot of pictures and re-watched the movie about 10 times.
Then I made everything from paper and if it all worked I created it from Worbla.

Looks awesome :) great work on the details ;) wish I could make the comic con as I'm 2 hour away from San Diego. I'm going to try to make it next year

Holy bejeezus, this is amazing work! Well done!
Aww thank you, I lost count but I think over 200hrs have gone into it so far... I love working on little details like the beads in her hair or the trimmings on my boots. Nobody will notice them but I am happy knowing they are there ^^

Looks awesome :) great work on the details ;) wish I could make the comic con as I'm 2 hour away from San Diego. I'm going to try to make it next year
I'll be even further away as it is the London Film and Comic Con :) Thank you for your kind words ... I'm very excited to be green this Saturday :)

Aww thank you, I lost count but I think over 200hrs have gone into it so far... I love working on little details like the beads in her hair or the trimmings on my boots. Nobody will notice them but I am happy knowing they are there

I think you will be quite surprised at the number of people who will notice the small details.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back