Scratchbuilt Millennium Falcon 1/72nd

Looks very impressive indeed!

What material are you using for the Koolshade, out of curiosity?

aaaaaaaaa_fb_332897.jpg

Looks very impressive indeed!

What material are you using for the Koolshade, out of curiosity?

It's photo-etch brass I had done by a fantastic company called PPD ltd.up in Scotland

Yesterday I laser cut four styrene discs, two for structure and two for panelling, plus two perspex structural frames which are glued underneath the styrene panel; just to add depth and alignment when it slots into the aluminium tube.
I intend to have some form of bayonet lock for the turret caps, or possibly a thread that runs through a column hidden by the gun bases.
Anyhow, progress is progress

31361229035_77317758b3_c.jpg

31217288402_ddd805b3e2_c.jpg

31246341941_994f3b3ff4_c.jpg

It's looking pretty great! I do wonder about the cockpit tunnel track along the top, though - that looks a bit wide to me. Is that based on views of the 5 footer?

It's looking pretty great! I do wonder about the cockpit tunnel track along the top, though - that looks a bit wide to me. Is that based on views of the 5 footer?

I based it as closely as possible to the five footer....I think it looks about right, but it may well be too wide as I had to accomodate the size of the bolt heads

I based it as closely as possible to the five footer....I think it looks about right, but it may well be too wide as I had to accomodate the size of the bolt heads

There aren't a lot of photo references for that area, but here's one shot if it helps at all.

falcontop41comp.jpg

I am a colossal idiot who measures wrong three times and then cuts.

It's embarrassing it took me nine months to notice the mistake

[url]https://c3.staticflickr.com/1/422/31313604650_d4e291f187_c.jpg[/url]

[url]https://c5.staticflickr.com/6/5591/31313603820_7156b8a004_c.jpg[/url]

Thanks for the laugh. That last pic of you is epic. Beautiful build. Its gonna be hard to put that first coat of primer on her as thats one of the most beautiful stages..

Sorry if this has been asked before but why did you go for 1:72? Availability of donor parts? You clearly have the talent to do a studio scale perfectly. Just curious as I have the Walmart toy almost finished and the Deago Falcon sitting in boxes.

Thanks for the laugh. That last pic of you is epic. Beautiful build. Its gonna be hard to put that first coat of primer on her as thats one of the most beautiful stages..

Sorry if this has been asked before but why did you go for 1:72? Availability of donor parts? You clearly have the talent to do a studio scale perfectly. Just curious as I have the Walmart toy almost finished and the Deago Falcon sitting in boxes.

I live in a smaaalll house, plus I'm one of those freaks who likes to have 'series' of models in scale. All my Y and X-Wings are in 1:72.
I do have the Hasbro Falcon, I'm slowly working on it!

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent build............Macaulay Culkin;)

He was ruined by illegal drugs and child stardom.....I was ruined by things much worse.....scale miniatures

(shudders)

I live in a smaaalll house, plus I'm one of those freaks who likes to have 'series' of models in scale. All my Y and X-Wings are in 1:72.
I do have the Hasbro Falcon, I'm slowly working on it!

- - - Updated - - -

He was ruined by illegal drugs and child stardom.....I was ruined by things much worse.....scale miniatures

(shudders)

Understood. I get it. You want to keep thing in scale. Thanks.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back