Scratch built Space: 1999 props?

Jimbo890

I only have a few dozen projects going on right now, and need something else to work on. :lol

Anyways, I just finshed watching Space:1999 on DVD, and thought the commlock and laser gun would be fun to do. The commlock looks to be straight forward, mainly a rectangular block of wood, with some styrene. That will get me 90% there. But, I need some measurements.

The stun gun looks to be almost as easy to do, but again, I need some measurements to get started.

Thanks for any help.

Jim

EDIT: It might be fun once I get the basic measurements, to provide some templates, or make this an online group project?

The Stun Gun Blueprints are available with scaled measurements.

See attached. :love

There are Rocket Gun prop picks - but I have to check my archives. The are Space 1999 Groups that post plenty of source material.

Gordon

The stun gun looks to be almost as easy to do, but again, I need some measurements to get started.

Thanks for any help!

Jim

EDIT: It might be fun once I get the basic measurements, to provide some templates, or make this an online group project?[/QUOTE]

Here's one I built 15+ years ago. Primarily wood with some plastic & paper mixed in. Not accurate of course and missing the top emitter.

norm-4b92096ba95a7-Space1999TV1975.jpg

The Stun Gun Blueprints are available with scaled measurements.

See attached. :love

There are Rocket Gun prop picks - but I have to check my archives. The are Space 1999 Groups that post plenty of source material.

Gordon

Thanks for any help!

Jim

EDIT: It might be fun once I get the basic measurements, to provide some templates, or make this an online group project?
[/QUOTE]

Those stun gun blueprints are inaccurate. They may be based on a water pistol that came out after the show aired. In the original prop the emitters vary in length and the hand grip is broader and more angled. See image:
spd228.jpg

Yeah the commlock and stungun both in the Technical Manual blueprints are not correct.

I think there are threads on here from years ago where I posted loads of screengrabs and comparisons. I don't have time now to search but maybe later.

K

Joining in on the necro posting.

I have these props, and I cannot for the life of me remember who made them. They're not dead-on screen accurate, but they sure are nice.

space1999.jpg

I have these props, and I cannot for the life of me remember who made them

Are those the Product Enterprise/Iconic Replicas/Sixteen12 versions?

If so, yeah they are not accurate, but most folks wouldn't notice I suppose.

The late Siderio (Sidkit) made some really nice stun guns, I have one myself.

ktlaserrtside.jpg

Are those the Product Enterprise/Iconic Replicas/Sixteen12 versions?

That's them. Nicely finished, display very well, and pretty to look at. Good heft to them, as well. I remember paying $200 for them, the stands, and the case. And since it's a second season gun I put a second season Eagle in the case.

I only have a couple of Space: 1999 props. An ok stun gun, and this commlock, which I couldn't pass up. It's a functional replica, by Michele Possanza. 128 x 128 pixel 65K color display, interfaces via usb with your computer, can store up to 143 images, multiple image playback modes, controlled by the 1, 2, and 3 keys. Pretty hard to find in the US, I think. Perhaps more commonly available in Europe?

Space1999CommlockMPossanza-rkpd.jpg
Space1999CommlockMPossanza-rkp.jpg
Space1999CommlockMPossanza-rkpb.jpg

Space1999CommlockMPossanza-rkpe.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome Commlock rkpetersen!!

I just started watching the Series again for the first time since it aired.

Enjoying it more now than when I first saw it! :lol

Sweet! I likes me the functional commlocks. :thumbsup

Michele was Siderio's partner, right? My own commlock and stungun came from him I think.

K

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back