Scratch Built Kenner/Hasbro styled Mandalorian Snub Fighter (3.75" Scale)

glorbes

The Mandalorian season three had some high points and low points, but it was still pretty fun Star Wars! One thing that always jumps out to me are potential projects for custom builds, and the little Pirate Snub Fighter was the clear winner from my perspective. I thought they were cool in the premiere, but when episode 5 rolled around and they’re involved in an all out dog fight, that clinched it!

For reference material, there’s the episode, and one image that Wookieepedia cropped for their entry, as well as the forthcoming Lego set. I used those sources, and brought my own embellishments to the final product.

It’s made from styrene, and the forward laser cannons are literally just bits of model sprue layered up to look like janky Star Wars guns.

9VAciz0.jpg

N8E11lx.jpg

0J8s514.jpg

ogFO0Da

lwbvXRN

NetFg0k

ogFO0Da.jpg

lwbvXRN.jpg

The bottom isn’t as detailed as it should be I suppose, but my kids will play with this thing, and I figured the bottom will get the most punishment, so if there’s less to break off, there’s less to repair! The guns are already delicate enough and I anticipate re-gluing them on a few times in the near future.

The cockpit I kept really plain, but wanted to go old school and trick it out with stickers. I made them by finding stock images of instrument panels from various fighter planes and old timey control panels, as well as a targeting computer display from an X-Wing to add some specific in-universe flare.

hTQfu0D.jpg

The images were sized in a word document, printed out in colour on regular paper, and I used clear tacky glue to affix them. They were coated with layers of future floor polish and gloss mod podge to protect them from wear and tear.

5v06R53.jpg

QRpN0yc.jpg

EPNTQ1K.jpg

oxCi5xI.jpg

We don’t have a VC Vane figure, so the Klatooinian Raider will have to do for now.

QYKLxJw.jpg

kOcU0eo.jpg

ZrQ7xnY.jpg

All in all, I’m pretty happy with how this turned out. It would make a really great toy, but if Hasbro made one, it’d probably be $150! And I’d probably buy it anyway.

bGtzm0B.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back