Scarlet Spider Cosplay

Trenta30

So I'm new to cosplaying and I wanted to do the Scarlet Spider from the Spider-Man universe. I have no sewing skills, so the suit that I'm basing my costume on is a red lycra suit. It looks really good. I also got the symbol from spidey4fun(which was free, thank you so much), so I have to find a method to put the symbol on a blue hoodie. Any suggestions? Today, hopefully, I'll be working on the web shooters. I'll be using 3/4 inch pvc, but i have to find a way to round the sides. I also need to make the ankle pouches, belt, and mask lenses. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Last edited:
By the sides, do you mean the ends of the pipes? You might be able to find rounded wood plugs at the hardware store in the right diameter. They're used to plug up screw holes on furniture. If they've got any, they'll probably be with the wood screws and other small hardware.

You could get them in the same diameter as the outer diameter of your PVC, file a groove on the end, hammer them in and putty up the joint. It's a lot less work than casting caps from scratch.

For the capsules on his belt you could get some PVC pipe caps and some pipe in the same outer diameter as the caps. Cut a short length of pipe, hammer a dowel through and glue the caps on the ends of the dowel so they're flush with your cut pipe. Again, putty up the joints and paint it if you want smoothe sides, or leave the seams and keep the shiny surface of the unfinished pipe. If the edges of the pipe look a little too raw, you can sand them smoothe as well.

I'm going to cut the PVC into 2 or 2.5 inch sections and file the edge to get a round look, then I might fill it or cover it. What should I use... bondo?

Sound like a cool costume, please post pictures. Bond should work for what you need. For the ankle pouches you could skuplt it with clay, make a mold, then fill it with what ever material you need. Or you could use foam sheets.

This is where I'm at now
I got wood plug caps to put in the holes of the pvc, then im going to spray paint it

Last edited:
very cool! can't wait to see how this goes, scarlet spider was one of my favourite spidey versions. i even had the origin comic series (may still have them somewhere but they got read and re-read till they started falling apart), probably one of the few costumes i'd get into tights for X-)

Looking good man! Never thought of PVC pipe and wood plugs for the webshooters. When I did mine I bent sheet metal to fit my wrists that locked in on itself, bent the two ends like a hook catch. For the cylinders I emptied out some CO2 cartridges and ground off the tapered ends, then filled those ends with bondo. I found superglue with a little flex worked well to fasten on the cartridges to the wrist cuffs and belt as loctite was to ridged and snapped easily on a rounded surface.
The ankle pouches are pretty simple, just used a rectangle pattern like a lot of the Jedis do for some of their belt pouches. Made the straps like a belt buckle so they're easily adjustable.

Bet your webshooters will be a lot lighter than mine, wish I would have done what you're doing LOL. Looking forward to more pics!!

For the symbol, try to reach a T-shirt maker shop. Those guys have all the hardware to print it on a sweat-shirt or hoodie. Plus, it's not that expensive. :)

How about using pump paintball storage tubes for the wrist shooters? They are about the right size and hollow, plus they have a rounded end.

I'm doing Scarlet right now too. My method for the web shooters was K&S tubing and because the hardware store had no plugs "deep" enough for an accurate capsule end, I ended up getting a bunch of tiny cork plugs. I just inserted them in and sanded them round with the dremel and the shape came out nicely. Haven't finished them yet though.

For the symbol, try to reach a T-shirt maker shop. Those guys have all the hardware to print it on a sweat-shirt or hoodie. Plus, it's not that expensive. :)

I was gonna paint my spider on but I just found what seems to be a good print shop. Gonna check them out this week and see their rates. Thanks for the tip.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back