Saw Reverse Bear trap

Absinthminddgrl

Hi All,
Diving in head first with my RVB. I "debuted" (is that even a word?)it at DragonCon and realized...I need to do a lot of modifications on it.
First off, before anyone else says it :) I know it is a little bigger than the original. This is partly because the bike parts I had available were lager and I didn't want to search out smaller bikes as my garage is beginning to look like a junkyard and partly because, hey! Bigger is better, right? Just kidding.
I just thought "she" (and yes, I often do refer to my trap as a female...I lurve her so much) looked nastier. Plus, the mouth piece turned out a little larger and since that was the first part I built I was trying to keep it relatively proportionate.

Go easy on me...it's my first prop. :$
(I have no idea how to post photos so I have to resort to attachments)

Absinthminddgrl

Thank you!!! That means a lot coming from you. You know I've always been in awe of your costuming skills. Next year you need to bring the VFT, I think it would be great to pair up the two costumes.

...got to meet Shawnee and got her to sign my prop. Would love to get Cary Elwes to sign it too at DragonCon in 2012 *fingers crossed*
294173_222678217794950_100001583190418_601592_1219805577_n.jpg

Thanks yoopees.
It's pretty heavy, weighs about 10 pounds...which to carry around in your hand isn't so bad but on your head and shoulders after about an hour it's pretty uncomfortable. :)
I keep trying to figure out how to cast it and make it out of resin, but there are just so many parts...and now with Shawnee's signature I don't want to risk messing it up. I guess I'll have to make another and cast it as I go if I want a "working" lighter model.

Last edited:
Thanks yoopees.
It's pretty heavy, weighs about 10 pounds...which to carry around in your hand isn't so bad but on your head and shoulders after about an hour it's pretty uncomfortable. :)
I keep trying to figure out how to cast it and make it out of resin, but there are just so many parts...and now with Shawnee's signature I don't want to risk messing it up. I guess I'll have to make another and cast it as I go if I want a "working" lighter model.

I say just keep that since it's autographed and remake it.
Probably will be a pain, but at least you can have he liberty to "cheat" on some parts. Use pvc pipes to make it lighter, maybe even some foam areas.

That's what I'd do, just to preserve the autograph :)

Actually, it's a combination of bike parts, foam board, pvc pipes and fittings, wood, plastic and aluminum....it's definitely "frankensteined" together.
But yeah, I really don't want to risk the autograph and now that I have one under my belt, I'm thinking a duplicate will be easier.
:D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back