Saw Doll Link

spiderfan11

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all, I am in a bit of a dilemma. There is a website (medicom) that has a saw doll replica for sale from Japan. I was wondering if there was anyone here who could read the text and possibly help me aquire one of them. They look nice, but the site is all japanese and it says they don't ship out of japan

https://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/s11/sawdoll/app.php

Originally posted by spiderfan11@Feb 4 2006, 07:11 PM
Hey all, I am in a bit of a dilemma. There is a website (medicom) that has a saw doll replica for sale from Japan. I was wondering if there was anyone here who could read the text and possibly help me  aquire one of them. They look nice, but the site is all japanese and it says they don't ship out of japan

https://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/s11/sawdoll/app.php
[snapback]1176121[/snapback]​

I don't speak it, but that's Japanese.

Edit: I see you corrected it while I was typing my response. Nothing like being just a little late.

Originally posted by xmart@Feb 4 2006, 05:46 PM
There is something off about it..but can't say this or that specificly ??
[snapback]1176142[/snapback]​

It's gotta be the hair, it's more curly in the movie, here it looks kinda manga styled. and I know what you mean about being too late, lol, I just saw it at the top when I went back. I hope someone can help me with this, it looks awesome and this couldn't be a better place to come to get help on a prop from a different country.

Originally posted by spiderfan11@Feb 5 2006, 08:11 AM
I was wondering if there was anyone here who could read the text
Here's what it says:

"SAW DOLL (promotional size). Distribution price ¥26,040 (tax included). Prototype Production by PLASTIC ART. Costume Production by Mieko Akimoto. Overall height 700 mm. Plush recreation of the doll that appeared in the film, in the size used for promotions. Head, hands, and shoes finely detailed in soft vinyl. Pulling the string at the back of the head opens and closes the doll’s mouth. Shipping scheduled to begin in June 2006."

Then there's the order form. Limit of one per customer.

As far as I can tell, the doll that Sideshow is offering is the same figure. (Sideshow lists the product size of their Medicom-made doll as 750 mm, but also notes that this is an approximate value.) Sideshow's price of $225 is basically even with Medicom's direct price (JPY 26,040 = USD 220.75 at the current exchange rate). And Sideshow will let you buy two if you want. :)

First time I've seen the Crescent Shop resource that wynnstudio posted. Seems like a pretty nice service, especially if you want to bid on Japanese auctions and/or have shipments from several different merchants combined into one shipment.

Hope this helps. :D

{EDIT} Spelling error corrected.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back