Saturn V/Apollo model at Ontario Science Centre

crackerjazz

Sr Member
Hi guys, not mine (but wish it were :)) - just wanted to share these photos of a Saturn V model
at the Ontario Science Centre for the space buffs out there. Sorry for the poor cellphone shots.
I would've brought a proper camera, only, my cellpone battery lasts way longer, and for the life
of me I couldn't get my camera to take good non-grainy pictures in dim light without using flash
which just ruins the color. It looked too clean - devoid of any weathering but still visually impressive.
A little plaque says "Model by Steven Waring and Associates, Ltd." Aside from this huge model there
was a 1:15 Columbia shuttle and a 1:24 Hubble telescope.

002-2.jpg

016.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

What a beauty! And don't apologize for the pictures...they look just fine to me. And your choice of angles is superb!

How tall did the model appear to be to you?

Hey, crackerjazz! I was so awestruck by the post I didn't even realize it was you who posted it!

Wow cheers CJ. Looks kinda like mine, but with the tower... And a bigger case...... And it has No sticky L'il finger marks all over the glass.

C021B1D9-4D99-4305-BC85-FA77D467F24C-677-0000036CA76A0715.jpg

Looks like it might be 1/96 scale since the Block 1 CSM hints to me that it is made from a kit. I figure a scratchbuilder would have corrected the CSM to block 2 (unless they used a 1/96 Revell kit as a 3D reference for a bigger model). There is a guy in KC I know who did a similar LUT project in that scale. This looks incredible though for all its little attention to detail. Somebody certainly did their homework.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back