Saturday Morning Memories.

bwayne64

Master Member
Found these old shows from the 70s. Brought back old memories of getting up early with a bowl of cereal, sitting too close to the TV. Ark II and shows like Space Academy and Jason of Star Command. Great times, ; ) Feel free to add your favorites.

Here's Ark II the series,

Here's Space Academy,

Here's Jason of Star Command

Grab your favorite cereal and enjoy !

Last edited:
I think my first pre-grade school crush was Dyna-Girl, from Electra-Woman & Dyna-Girl.

I distinctly remember an episode where the villain was 'stretching' the heroes, & I was unconsolable most of the rest of the day. My mom was trying to assure me that since her name was in the title, then she'd be fine, my dad was trying to tell me that Electra-Woman was prettier, & my brother (15 years older than me) was telling me that he saw on the news that the police found her body in 3 different states.

In therapy, that'd be called a 'breakthrough' ladies & gentlemen.

LOL

The Ark II Mobile Laboratory looked cooler in its concept art…

70A84314-8B91-49A8-93CD-3FC90DA9EA19.jpeg

But, for the time, it was about as cool as things got.

I wonder what became of the laboratory after the series wrapped? Is it now being used to deliver Amazon Prime packages?

From the earliest i can remember it was Saturday Morning Cartoons...Smurfs, Gummy Bears, Alvin and the chipmunks, Dungeons & Dragons and the Looney Tunes leading up to WWF or the Monster Movie Matinee. The 80s (I'm biased) was the greatest generation i could ever imagine growing up in with cartoons and movies.

Born in '81. I grew up on He-Man, though I don't recall what day of the week I watched it because I was so little. Saturday mornings I watched the Smurfs, Gummi Bears, Winnie the Pooh. I rarely caught it but I did see G.I.Joe on TV from time to time, though the toys were more interesting to me and (gasp heretic over here) I never played Joe's vs. Cobras. I just took my favorite characters at any given time and had them fight off the remaining ones. Even all my friends played that way too so it was never an issue. Thundercats was another favorite of mine growing up. I watches Saved by the Bell too, though even as a kid we all knew it was totally cornball.

In the summers my sister and I would wake up early and watch I Love Lucy and then get ready to go to our community beach. I'm so thankful for my childhood!

From the earliest i can remember it was Saturday Morning Cartoons...Smurfs, Gummy Bears, Alvin and the chipmunks, Dungeons & Dragons and the Looney Tunes leading up to WWF or the Monster Movie Matinee. The 80s (I'm biased) was the greatest generation i could ever imagine growing up in with cartoons and movies.

Yes! If I even see a Gummy Bear candy that song pops in my head. It was never my favorite, but you would just watch everything to get to your favorite show. I also remember watching Spider Man and His Amazing Friends, Ewoks, Droids, etc. as well. I can't recall any other Sat. morning shows that stuck out. Mostly I was into GI JOE, which I think was on after school. I did also watch that X-Men cartoon later on.

Yes,I think some of the best ( GI Joe, He Man, Transformers, Thundercats) were oj during the weekdays but I'm pretty sure Transformers atleast ended up on a Saturday or reruns anyway. I agree totally about the Gummy bear theme song. A lot of themes have become iconic in retrospect. Nothing stands out to me since the late 70s, 80s and early 90s that I remember and Saturdays haven't been the same since nor will ever be. They were special times for many of us.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back