Sandtrooper Vs ESB Stormtrooper

JoeR

Sr Member
I have just received my TE Sandtrooper and have decided I would prefer it to be an ESB Stormtrooper. :$

What do I need to change to do this? Also does anyone know where I can get the parts? I assume the main differences are the knee plate and Ab plate.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

The differences are the knee plate, ab detail, helmet detail, and hand plates. I think TE would be your best source for the parts.

Hey Joe.

I'm doing the same thing with my GINO sandtrooper. I've decided to convert it into ESB as well.

I hope Paul is going to provide me the missing parts, his stuff is the most accurate.

Cheers.

The Dark Side wrote:
Sandtrooper Vs ESB Stormtrooper, WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES?

....don't forget that the ESB Stormtroopers are a lot cleaner. :p

Looking forward to seeing soem pics of the finished conversion :)

Cheers,
John

Thanks for all the info guys.

I didn't want to hassle TE, but am sorted now. :D

Here are a few pics.

tesandy0023nm.jpg

tesandy0034gb.jpg

I love TE's work, outstanding. :D

Ps: Would love to see pics of any other suits.

I have a TE ESB suit plus a ANH kit as well. I can provide pics if needed. A little history on mine though. My ESB suit was actually made from PVC and not styrene.

Originally posted by Dark One@Dec 7 2005, 06:42 AM
I have a TE ESB suit plus a ANH kit as well.  I can provide pics if needed.  A little history on mine though.  My ESB suit was actually made from PVC and not styrene.
[snapback]1130380[/snapback]​

Pics would be great = thanks.

RKW - Lovely suit well done. Where did you get the belt material from buddy?

Paul - Looking good bro. :lol :lol :lol

Cheers

Joe

Originally posted by Dark One@Dec 7 2005, 05:42 AM
I have a TE ESB suit plus a ANH kit as well.  I can provide pics if needed.  A little history on mine though.  My ESB suit was actually made from PVC and not styrene.
[snapback]1130380[/snapback]​

Please Please Please show the pics of the PVC ESB suit.I really loved
that version of Matt`s suit.It has a wonderful gloss to it. :thumbsup

Thanks
Ben

If he doesn't have a pic of his, heres my ESB PVC. Only a few of these were made.

[attachmentid=5356]

Last edited:
Originally posted by TK765@Dec 7 2005, 11:19 AM
If he doesn't have a pic of his, heres my ESB PVC.  Only a few of these were made.

[attachmentid=5356]
[snapback]1130471[/snapback]​

WOW that`s nice. :D
Thanks for showing.

Ben

BTW does anyone know if the ears should be painted the ANH grey or the same colour as the tears and traps etc. I have seen them done both ways?

Personally I think it's important that the ears don't exactly match the tears etc.. from a distance they look like they match but if you look closer they don't.

For the rest (except the frown and mouth) you should use decals.

esbears1.JPG

Basically paint the ears with the ANH grey and try to source some ubber accurate decals.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back