Sandbagger's Iron-Man builds - Now in STEEL

Unbefreakinglievable!!! Been following this for some time and I am just amazed. When I first started seeing foam and pep builds I dreamed (actually fantasized) about doing one in steel but thought really not realistic. Then you come along and just do it!

We are not worthy....

Cheers guys and I hope you all had a very good Christmas!

I've been working in secret on a gift for my wife for Christmas. I saw the idea online somewhere and embellished on it a little.

The mini-arc-reactor pendant is just the rearranged parts of an internal hard drive motor. I bought a single LED, some thin insulated wire and a 3V battery, along with some beads in Iron Man colours from the local 2Dollar store.

The battery has a soft cover to hide behind her hair, but not pictured here.

a4XxptJ.jpg

L2qVU2U.jpg

Cheers guys and I hope you all had a very good Christmas!

I've been working in secret on a gift for my wife for Christmas. I saw the idea online somewhere and embellished on it a little.

The mini-arc-reactor pendant is just the rearranged parts of an internal hard drive motor. I bought a single LED, some thin insulated wire and a 3V battery, along with some beads in Iron Man colours from the local 2Dollar store.

The battery has a soft cover to hide behind her hair, but not pictured here.

http://i.imgur.com/a4XxptJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/L2qVU2U.jpg

Happy holidays!
its great idea to make this gift, if she is a fan of iron man too. i made a coulomb and ear rings for my ex, but i use motors from cd\dvd recorder. its perfect for this. hope it will useful info.

A creative idea for anyone who is a fan. My wife loves jewellery, but i would be riding the couch had she received this. But as a guy who had worked 10 years in the jewellery biz, this is an impresive piece...GM

Most important and got it right this time! I can bend my arm enough to replenish fluids by myself during the long gigs in a steel suit! Rock on!

rYMR9Hl.jpg

Legs are a fantastic fit. I can bend to 90 degrees, there's room for padding too. I have to pull them up slightly to get them off the ankles and up into the crutch more, so some nylon straps will fix them to the hip pods to sort that out.

nmv2s6A.jpg

gfVQBIP.jpg

That tight fit ist sooo effing amazing! Can't wait for the finished product! Don't u dare put colors on it people should see it's made of metal so pls do it like the mark II

Oh... And happy new year!

"Sometimes you gotta run before you can walk." (с) :D
Happy New Year, SB )))

That tight fit ist sooo effing amazing! Can't wait for the finished product! Don't u dare put colors on it  people should see it's made of metal so pls do it like the mark II

Oh... And happy new year!

Sorry mate, it's gotta happen. You must understand, even though it looks cool in photographs, it is quite dinged and dented. I can only hammer and grind out so much so it will have to be finished with filler. I can't leave it exposed either as it is mild steel so even dew and moisture present in every day air will make it rust within weeks.

Happy new year to you too mate.

SB

- - - Updated - - -

"Sometimes you gotta run before you can walk." (с) :D
Happy New Year, SB )))

So true.

HNY to you too mate.

SB.

Last edited by a moderator:
have you thought of using a military belt and H-suspenders?. the belt has lots of lil eyelets to hang your armor off of and the suspender shoulder pads would help with weight? just a thought. DID YOU SHAVE OFF YOUR BEARD??? or did you do that a while ago..:confused keep up the awesome work!!!

have you thought of using a military belt and H-suspenders?. the belt has lots of lil eyelets to hang your armor off of and the suspender shoulder pads would help with weight? just a thought. DID YOU SHAVE OFF YOUR BEARD??? or did you do that a while ago..:confused keep up the awesome work!!!

I don't think I'll be using a belt no. The torso will be very cushioned to spread the weight all around my neck, back and shoulders as evenly as possible. It's bushfire season now and as a crew member on fire teams it's not a good idea to have a beard.

- - - Updated - - -

Fabricated the ear covers today and welded them in. It's snug. Just enough room on the sides for a soft-lining.

qe0Kxh0.jpg

oTsk6Py.jpg

This is just an awesome project. Oh and by the way i am on my way to pick up an anvil and hammers. Just thought i would play around...GM

GOOD! I'll be waiting to see what you get up to! :D

Neck/collar now has break-apart attachment points to fit me. Ready to sand, paint and fit soft lining inside.

BerxJ8b.jpg

I started mods to the helmet today. I separated the faceplate by cracking the spot welds with a fine and sharp cold-chisel on the anvil.

I welded in some edging to make the helmet look like it's made of heavier material. Most of this I did before separating the faceplate to minimise distortion due to welding heat. Some of it I had to do after because there simply wasn't enough room to get the welding gun in there.

Added the last section at the back of the helmet that swings up to allow the head in then locks behind the back of the neck.

grtVP1F.jpg

9Wyea2A.jpg

3psRqbU.jpg

rmHzxWl.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back