Sandbagger's Iron-Man builds - Now in STEEL

I'll try mate. :)

84k4qDn.jpg

IvduVUR.jpg

i cant imagine, what is the weight of the suit... it can be good exercise, when you wear it.

we want right thigh, we want right thigh!!! :lol

Last edited:
i cant imagine, what is the weight of the suit... it can be good exercise, when you wear it.

we want right thigh, we want right thigh!!! :lol

When I began the suit I calculated about 35kg finished. Yesterday I weighed the whole suit so far. 20kg with one thigh and two arms to go. Once all the padding and extra bits go in I reckon I'll be close.

The weight of the suit is the most frequently asked question I get. I was asked seven times yesterday alone! :rolleyes

Let us forever more never speak of it again! :p . Unless I fall over, then when I'm stuck like a turtle on my back please pick me up......

SB

Last edited by a moderator:
When I began the suit I calculated about 35kg finished. Yesterday I weighed the whole suit so far. 20kg with one thigh and two arms to go. Once all the padding and extra bits go in I reckon I'll be close.

The weight of the suit is the most frequently asked question I get. I was asked seven times yesterday alone! :rolleyes

Let us forever more never speak of it again! :p . Unless I fall over, then when I'm stuck like a turtle on my back please pick me up......

SB

hah!:D 7 times:D but you can not count my question, because it was not a question)))) it was just idea, thinking about waight, guessing:p
good luck:thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
The weight evenly distributed should not be a problem i would think. But i would deffinately wear the armor a few times as a practice work-out type thing...GM

The weight evenly distributed should not be a problem i would think. But i would deffinately wear the armor a few times as a practice work-out type thing...GM

That's exactly what I say the naysayers out there.

My camping backpack is full of food, water, camping gear, wet weather gear, survival gear and photography equipment. It weighs 26 to 30kg at times and I regularly carry that for hours on end up mountains and through thick scrub. All the weight is on my shoulders and yes it hurts after a while, but I bear it for hours without a drama.

I hardly think wandering around a party in a steel padded suit is going to be a challenge. I'd be more worried about getting hot, but a few cooling fans strategically placed in the suit should fix that.

Would like to see it like the midas color or complete chrome. I can't wait to see the finished product! You're doing an excellent job

So so so awesome! I love seeing this project come towards completion!

I meant to ask before... have you used a copper backing plate to prevent blow-through on the welds?

As always... keep up the awesomeness!!

So so so awesome! I love seeing this project come towards completion!

I meant to ask before... have you used a copper backing plate to prevent blow-through on the welds?

As always... keep up the awesomeness!!

Thanks a lot folks!

Android, I've got very good control over the MIG now so blow-through is not a problem for me any more, even with .95mm sheet.

SB

so how far are you gonna take this project?? I understand lights and cooling fans, but are you doing a retractable face plate?? speakers and sound effects for heavy foot steps etc?? 5 thumbs up! (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup:thumbsup 4 smileys pfaces :):):):) 3 oh wows :eek:eek:eek 2 super cools :cool:cool and a beer....:cheers on the ironman tree!!

so how far are you gonna take this project?? I understand lights and cooling fans, but are you doing a retractable face plate?? speakers and sound effects for heavy foot steps etc?? 5 thumbs up! (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup:thumbsup 4 smileys pfaces :):):):) 3 oh wows :eek:eek:eek 2 super cools :cool:cool and a beer....:cheers on the ironman tree!!

I've done a hinged and motorised faceplate before so why not? I have other stuff in mind, but we'll see how we go huh?

SB.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back