Samurai predator progress

I was always debating using animal or human hair or fuzzy wool threaded as a base for threads. As if you look at things real close on the figures, they are a reptilian mammal hybrid with fur on the back sections. The hair is threaded with small animal spine pieces. The netting they wear is the minimize movement and noise by matting down the fur. I think the netting also has something to do with the cloaking that they use. The hair itself is going to be very greasy and unkempt, so the curly matted look might take some different approaches to look at, but a study of unwashed hair over long periods may help get a better approach to building a better looking hair setup.

I am going to try something like the first time I did the dreads but I am going to make them thicker. It might take a little more time but I already have most of the material. I did caulker back rods for my other mask they worked fine and did justice but the diameter is not thick enough. So I already have 1 inch caulker back rods. I am going to slip cast them with the liquid latex I have to get another 1/2 or if lucky 3/4 in thickness on the rods which will come really really close.

lazybones88 Not a bad idea my friend..... you can buy RD-407 Monster Makers Latex..... which is perfect for mask and dreads with backer rods..... his Viscosity is perfect to pour to Rods. But please DO NOT buy the liquid latex on ebay or amazon they are WAY too cheap. Oh and for the DREADS QUILLS or BEADS (Whatever you call them) they are a must to have. You can buy APOXIE SCULPT, that time yes you can buy this sculpting Epoxy CLAY on EBAY.... IT IS THE MOST SIMPLE WAY to make Predator Dreadlocks QUILLS and you will have around 12 hours to work your sculpts....you just need to mix the 2 ingredients together and VOILÀ :D. Oh and before I forget, If you really want stability to your dreads attached to your mask....DO NOT USE ANY GLUE AT ALL but USE BATHROOM TRANSPARENT SILICONIZED CALKING which you can find at any hardware STORE near you.... ;) Any questions ?

Oh and i just looked at your pictures with your dreads putted on your mask and YOU NEED MORE BACKER RODS ....put around 60 to 80 Backer rods to the back and sides of your mask and you will see a huge difference of realism. ;)

Yeah that picture isn't with backer Ross. That picture was a test with the other crap. I also already only us rd 407 from monster maker. I got the bat black latex this time but I will probably only get the regular from now on. I used the regular 407 on my first predator mask, feet, hands etc and it was great. I got the bat black latex for this to see, but it seems to be a little less sturdy and the dry time is longer. I plasti dipped my first set of dreads on my other predator and it worked fine, but I am trying the latex meow. Yeah I also plan to put at least 50. These rods are thicker so we will see when i end up putting them in. Also the samurai predator hhas no beads or quills from my reference pics. I also still have some silicone molds from my last beads if I need to cast more. I also ordered quills via wreav advice for the mask. I will have to try the silicone though. What is the dry time on it?

Sorry about the late progress but here is some progress on the dreads

20181004_215609.jpg

20181004_215632.jpg

20181004_215649.jpg

20181004_215906.jpg

20181004_215908.jpg

20181004_215913.jpg

lazybones88 NO! dont put yellow it is very good like that....the more colors you will put the less realistic it will look. If i can add some positive tips, would be to add more dreads on the crown (on the top). Besides that i REALLY love the gradient coloration of your teeth.....

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back