Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

It’s the waxed gray/green referenced here.

The coat always read to me dry on film, not the wet look from the finish like it does on display. Though I might go through and add more wax myself, I’ve been waxing quite a bit of canvas and jackets this past year for various projects and I like the finish my recipe has currently and it’s not too difficult to adjust. I’m in no hurry to mess with the jacket now though since it’s blistering heat most of the time here in Phoenix.

How does it feel? There was some mention of that fabric being rather stiff...

Neither of the "waxed" versions are a true wax coating. The twill is almost like it's infused with plastic (not in a bad way, I think it makes an excellent coat material). The gray/green waxed coat is more like a real wax. I'm not sure if it's real wax or not. The cloth is very stiff, and it tends to hold folds and creases strongly. I'll be doing some tests to see if it can be softened in any way.

Still looking forward to seeing the "official" product photos showing both of the new materials! Based on the pics we've seen so far, I can't make up my mind yet!!

I apologise in advance to the forum users to have to bring this here again but we have been threatened by Shahrooz that he will bring this to the forum. We were keeping this away from here but after this last email we thought it best. I am sure Shahrooz will reply with more complaints, but I will keep everything into this one post in my attempt to not derail this thread further.

As of today, there are 150 emails going back and forward. Shahrooz ordered a Blade Runner and complained it was inaccurate which is fair in design, but I should mention he ordered it inaccurately without the lettering on the back.

He then ordered the alternative Blade Runner, the 2049. He was told by SeAnn it would fit differently than the Blade Runner but insists she told him it was the same. She only mentioned the lining was the same. He complained it did not fit along with other complaints. When we received the return, we again measured all areas of the coat and it was correct, but we saw how unhappy he was with everything so we gave him a £66 refund on his shipping. We have since sold this coat to another customer.

After Shahrooz lengthy complaints, we were surprised to see he wanted another coat. We also sent the new coat at our expense. Once received, he complained again saying this one was again too small. As with the first order, we asked him to return it and will measure it again and will refund his shipping if it is incorrect.

He sent many emails after this, his latest has threatened to take the money back on his credit card (which will mean he will have his money and the coat) and to come here and retract all his comments about Soul Revolver and tell members how unreasonable and unaccommodating we are to our customers.

While researching the Blade Runner, I have noticed Shahrooz commented for the other vendors to find my cotton. I find this very disrespectful to the other vendors working hard to make a quality coat to make him happy only to be told their materials are not good enough.
My cotton is special ordered in this colour, we then go through four stages at our laboratory so it not possible to replicate exactly. I think the other coats here are very nice with great accuracy. Looking at them, I would say 99% of people would be very happy with any one of them. There are other great options here.

Regarding Shahrooz - after 150 emails, it is time for you to please stop emailing SeAnn now. She has been very patient with you, answered everything you have sent. It is very unfair of you to call her unaccommodating and unreasonable along with the insults and the many untrue comments in your emails. You have been sent two correct coats, refunded £66 for return shipping and free shipping back out to you for the new one just to make you happy but it clear your expectations are beyond what we can offer you. Please return the coat, even though it is well outside the return window by a couple of weeks now, and we will refund you and that will be the end of it.

It is sad that the only bad experiences we have had with our Blade Runner coats comes from here. After these experiences, I will not be returning to the forum. If anyone needs help with an order or questions regarding the new Blade Runner/2049, please email us.

Thank you to everyone else. Good luck with your coats.

Kall
This is so sad. First, to attempt to discredit a member of this forum, pre-emptively I might add, by airing private grievances in public. A bit of a privacy violation, I might add, even if your claims were true. Unfortunately, they are not. This is a rather bizarre attempt to spin the truth and disappointing to see that people just hit 'like' without first hearing both sides. Most of this is completely false. I don't have the time or inclination to comment on all your distortions and inaccuracies here. Suffice it to say that your claim that SeAnn had told me that this alternative coat fits differently than the long Blade Runner coat. That's simply not the truth.

I have emails from here saying the opposite. in writing. numerous times. I'm happy to share pictures of the email correspondence. Pretty ballsy on your part to come here and lie about it and then, like a six year old child who knows he/she has done wrong, you "threaten" to leave the forum. The first coat arrived and it did not at all fit like the long Blade Runner coat, despite her claims to the contrary. It was the same size as my long BR coat, Large, but this large felt like a medium in comparison to my large BR coat from you and I could barely put it on. It was so tight and it measured 2 inches tighter around the chest. I sent you all the pictures as well. You then "graciously" agreed to refund my shipping fee IF your team agreed that it was too tight. I had to pay 80 dollars out of pocket to get it back to the UK. Once I did, and you refunded the money, you automatically started producing a replacement coat. I never asked for it and never requested that a replacement be made.

Again, all this is documented by email. And here you claim I requested another coat. You hadn't even refunded my money, you just made another coat. All you had done at that time was to refund my shipping cost., You are just being dishonest.

Once the second coat arrived, it too proved way too tight and small. I contacted SeAnn and requested this time that no other coat be made and that I simply be refunded as I didn't want this alternate BR coat anymore. She told me I had to return it and it needed to be inspected again prior to issuing a refund and possibly refunding the shipping fee. I told her that I am not taking that kind of risk. At minimum, send me a return label or pay in advance for the shipping and I'll gladly return the jacket. SeAnn refused and then I never heard from you again.

I'm not sure what you're talking about - I haven't contacted anyone at your shop in weeks. Also, contrary to assertion that I'd tell people in the forum how unreasonable and inaccurate your service is, I never did come to the forum to inform everyone (though I probably should have). You did. In a sad attempt of historic revisionism, you are now trying to discredit my prior compliments to your coat on here (on of the few people who defended you when many others, rightly so it turns out, complained about SR). Funny thing is that I have all this in email and can share pictures of the conversations including where SeAnn said, several times in several emails, that the alternate coat fits just like my original BR coat. And that my replacement coat is being made without me requesting or demanding one, contrary to his unfounded claims here.

Last edited:
This is so sad. First, to attempt to discredit a member of this forum, pre-emptively I might add, by airing private grievances in public. A bit of a privacy violation, I might add, even if your claims were true. Unfortunately, they are not. This is a rather bizarre attempt to spin the truth and disappointing to see that people just hit 'like' without first hearing both sides. Most of this is completely false. I don't have the time or inclination to comment on all your distortions and inaccuracies here. Suffice it to say that your claim that SeAnn had told me that this alternative coat fits differently than the long Blade Runner coat. That's simply not the truth.

I have emails from here saying the opposite. in writing. numerous times. I'm happy to share pictures of the email correspondence. Pretty ballsy on your part to come here and lie about it and then, like a six year old child who knows he/she has done wrong, you "threaten" to leave the forum. The first coat arrived and it did not at all fit like the long Blade Runner coat, despite her claims to the contrary. It was the same size as my long BR coat, Large, but this large felt like a medium in comparison to my large BR coat from you and I could barely put it on. It was so tight and it measured 2 inches tighter around the chest. I sent you all the pictures as well. You then "graciously" agreed to refund my shipping fee IF your team agreed that it was too tight. I had to pay 80 dollars out of pocket to get it back to the UK. Once I did, and you refunded the money, you automatically started producing a replacement coat. I never asked for it and never requested that a replacement be made.

Again, all this is documented by email. And here you claim I requested another coat. You hadn't even refunded my money, you just made another coat. All you had done at that time was to refund my shipping cost., You are just being dishonest.

Once the second coat arrived, it too proved way too tight and small. I contacted SeAnn and requested this time that no other coat be made and that I simply be refunded as I didn't want this alternate BR coat anymore. She told me I had to return it and it needed to be inspected again prior to issuing a refund and possibly refunding the shipping fee. I told her that I am not taking that kind of risk. At minimum, send me a return label or pay in advance for the shipping and I'll gladly return the jacket. SeAnn refused and then I never heard from you again.

I'm not sure what you're talking about - I haven't contacted anyone at your shop in weeks. Also, contrary to assertion that I'd tell people in the forum how unreasonable and inaccurate your service is, I never did come to the forum to inform everyone (though I probably should have). You did. In a sad attempt of historic revisionism, you are now trying to discredit my prior compliments to your coat on here (on of the few people who defended you when many others, rightly so it turns out, complained about SR). Funny thing is that I have all this in email and can share pictures of the conversations including where SeAnn said, several times in several emails, that the alternate coat fits just like my original BR coat. And that my replacement coat is being made without me requesting or demanding one, contrary to his unfounded claims here.
Both sides have had a say now.. can you guys please take this offline for further correspondence - the world doesn't need to read about these squabbles further.

Lets get back to the coat :)

How does it feel? There was some mention of that fabric being rather stiff...
It's not particularly stiff, but definitely not soft. I'd describe Jameel Ur Deckard Coat as soft, but 2049 is canvas, which isn't usually soft out of the gate and with the light waxing it has just makes it feel more sturdy. As I said, I'm thinking about waxing it myself a bit more, later, and I'm not worried about it getting too stiff.

HI guys, just recently got into trying to build my own Officer K costume. Got some pants and tops I will use; they're not accurate, meaning the same as in the movie, but I want to add some of my style to the outfit. I also ordered a black leather replica of K's coat. I know, I know, the real coat is supposed to be green, but, due to lighting, production etc. it really looks a faded black to me when I watch the movie, so I think the leather copy will be closer to the movie's look than a green coat would.
Will post pics of my outfit once I get it.

I have a question for you, though. Any suggestions in terms of a replica blaster? I saw some copies on etsy but reviews were mostly negative (not fully assembled, long delivery times etc).
Anybody knows where to get a decent replica of K's blaster? Or some other toy/replica guns that could be a reasonable approximation?

HI guys, just recently got into trying to build my own Officer K costume. Got some pants and tops I will use; they're not accurate, meaning the same as in the movie, but I want to add some of my style to the outfit. I also ordered a black leather replica of K's coat. I know, I know, the real coat is supposed to be green, but, due to lighting, production etc. it really looks a faded black to me when I watch the movie, so I think the leather copy will be closer to the movie's look than a green coat would.

I have a question for you, though. Any suggestions in terms of a replica blaster? I saw some copies on etsy but reviews were mostly negative (not fully assembled, long delivery times etc).
Anybody knows where to get a decent replica of K's blaster? Or some other toy/replica guns that could be a reasonable approximation?
Regarding the coat itself, despite getting closer, to date, there is no such thing as a "replica," let alone one of those black leather knock-offs. I don't mean to burst your bubble or anything like that but the word 'replica' is often misused and I think it's important to be specific.

Regarding the coat itself, despite getting closer, to date, there is no such thing as a "replica," let alone one of those black leather knock-offs. I don't mean to burst your bubble or anything like that but the word 'replica' is often misused and I think it's important to be specific.
I did misuse the word, true...... I just meant something supposed to look very similar.
However, some people might describe this comment as pointless nitpicking. We all know there is no official replica so all copies are somewhat different and we should just get whatever we like.
And sorry to disappoint you but you're not bursting any bubble... I'm not one of those people obsessed with getting the exact same thing and I do know that the one used in the movie was quite different. The one I ordered just looks good to me and that's all I care about.

I did misuse the word, true...... I just meant something supposed to look very similar.
However, some people might describe this comment as pointless nitpicking. We all know there is no official replica so all copies are somewhat different and we should just get whatever we like.
And sorry to disappoint you but you're not bursting any bubble... I'm not one of those people obsessed with getting the exact same thing and I do know that the one used in the movie was quite different. The one I ordered just looks good to me and that's all I care about.
You're misreading what I'm saying or I didn't express myself correctly... My comment about 'bursting your bubble' wasn't meant to be undermining or nasty. On the contrary. It's meant more as 'more power to you.' Just clarifying that it is not a replica. And if you review this thread, it's essentially all about nitpicking or diving into the nitty-gritty. That's kind of the point.

Last edited:

For K's blaster; you'll have to go to the Replica Props forum and look for Licensed Blade Runner props thread. Lots of goodies coming down the tube in terms of BR props/guns, etc...

For K's blaster; you'll have to go to the Replica Props forum and look for Licensed Blade Runner props thread. Lots of goodies coming down the tube in terms of BR props/guns, etc...
Yeah, I had a look. Those are nice but I won't be spending a thousand US dollars on a replica gun. It's okay, not a big deal. I"ll just use some other gun and leave it in the holster ;)

Yeah, I had a look. Those are nice but I won't be spending a thousand US dollars on a replica gun. It's okay, not a big deal. I"ll just use some other gun and leave it in the holster ;)
Man there's always loads of very affordable if not incredibly accurate versions on ebay or etsy if you're gonna just pop it in a holster. No need to spend much more than £50 in some cases.

So I got my leather coat. It's actually pretty good (and looks very much like what we see in the movie, even though I'm sure it's quite different from what was actually used). One mildly annoying thing is that the magnets are a joke. It doesn't matter at the front of the coat because there are also snap fasteners, but the lapels only have magnets so it's impossible to close it like he does at times in the movie, with the lapels covering most of he lower half of his face.
It's okay though. I'll have a tailor add a couple more snap fasteners. It shouldn't cost too much. I will post pictures after I get it, see what you think.

For the gun, I've decided to go with an air gun (for about 200 Cad). It looks different from the movie blasters, but I guess my costume will be K's replacement so he gets to use his own gun ;)
It's all for fun anyways.
Actually, though, it looks quite nice. The one I got is made of metal so it has a nice weight, like I imagine a real gun to be, and while I will keep it unloaded when used as a prop I will also use it for target practice at some point so I'll get more use out of it than I would from the replica props (kinda wish they made airguns that are copies of those blasters but I really doubt that's gonna happen; I would definitely spend a thousand for that). It is different from the blasters but it looks pretty real. The holster I got is pretty similar to the one in the movie by the way.
I'll probably add a laser pointer to make it more SFish.

Once I get the coat fixed I'll do the full cosplay and share pics

Well, my pockets are now significantly lighter (don't ask how much, and don't tell my family) and my spirits immensely higher. I'd like to take a moment to thank/blame everyone in this thread, but especially Shahrooz and Mechanismo . Here's my Soul Revolver coat. This was done by lamoda custom tailor over in Kew Gardens in New York.
A few notes:
-Piping was added around the lapels, top collar edges and shoulders
-shoulder padding was added
-the collar was shifted
-all the shearling was replaced using the uniqlo coat recommended earlier in the thread
-magnet enclosures were added using the same stock magnets SR used for their collar. An additional one was added on the bottom of the collar to help it clip into place
-a stiffener was added to the collar, and you can see now the way the shearling gets that nice, natural crease in it along the left shoulder that a ton of the film stills show. It was definitely needed.
-I still need to distress/blackwash the shearling, as well as comb it. That will happen, just a matter of when, given that I picked this up just in time for summer in NY it seems.
-Yes, you can see some of the former seam lines where the piping was added. Unfortunately this was necessary as the seams had to be widened to accommodate adding the piping by hand. There are machines that may be able to accomplish this without widening the stitches, and I know it may immensely bother some people, but I'm attempting to put my neuroticism over getting this jacket 100% right to rest (at least for now). There is no good way to patch/soften the stitch holes due to the nature of the material, although I'm hoping time and wear will help. In the interim, we'll chalk it up to the coat being "weathered"
-The shoulders were padded and piped, and while some may disagree on how accurate it is, it looks right to me based on what we've seen and I personally love the silhouette it produces. I simply feel cooler walking down the street wearing the coat with these shoulders done this way

All in all, I'm a very happy camper.

Also, just for reference, the sweater IS an aster. It's actually navy blue and not the black one. I mistakenly purchased it in the wrong colorway, but for the $33 usd it ran me on Mercari, I can only be so distraught. If you can find one in navy blue, it makes a nice substitute for the black one IMHO, especially if you're trying to channel K's overall style rather than being exact.

Anyway. I'm tired now.
If it isn't too much trouble, may you write down the instructions/notes you put down you said/texted for the tailor for those modifications? I rarely know anything about clothes, but I have been reading this thread for a while in a few days (Starting from 2019 of the thread) and I am learning a lot haha, but still lack knowledge. I have yet to purchase a SR coat, for I was researching the best practical and good looking one that's close enough. From reddit to here, seems like I'm pulling the trigger on SR! Lovely people that helped me too. Also yeah I am on the same boat as you with my own neuroticism and how this thread feeds it with wanting accuracy despite me being okay with the jacket not being 100% accurate, but man the looks on the shoulder pads and the collar look so much better when they're accurate! Anyway, I have yet to purchase the coat and hoping to use this as reference in the future once I do got the money, knowledge, and a local tailor. It'll just help me better plus also help others (if you havent said anything in these months), but man yours looks great! First modified SR coat I've seen and man you hit it out the park! And if you don't want to do all that work, that's understandable and no worries about it!

Finally took some pics of my k outfit. The soul revolver coat looks pretty damn amazing despite the inaccuracies. Though I'm really hoping a 2nd more SA version from soul revolver comes out.

Attachments

• 20221028_171732.jpg
    20221028_171732.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 288
  • 20221028_171805.jpg
    20221028_171805.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 302
If it isn't too much trouble, may you write down the instructions/notes you put down you said/texted for the tailor for those modifications? I rarely know anything about clothes, but I have been reading this thread for a while in a few days (Starting from 2019 of the thread) and I am learning a lot haha, but still lack knowledge. I have yet to purchase a SR coat, for I was researching the best practical and good looking one that's close enough. From reddit to here, seems like I'm pulling the trigger on SR! Lovely people that helped me too. Also yeah I am on the same boat as you with my own neuroticism and how this thread feeds it with wanting accuracy despite me being okay with the jacket not being 100% accurate, but man the looks on the shoulder pads and the collar look so much better when they're accurate! Anyway, I have yet to purchase the coat and hoping to use this as reference in the future once I do got the money, knowledge, and a local tailor. It'll just help me better plus also help others (if you havent said anything in these months), but man yours looks great! First modified SR coat I've seen and man you hit it out the park! And if you don't want to do all that work, that's understandable and no worries about it!
Sorry, I haven't really been following this thread for the past few months, in no small part due to trying to maintain a positive headspace. So far, rereading the last few pages, I haven't really been convinced that was a mistake. There still seems to be a fair amount of...well, let's politely call it contention, over this coat, especially between rpf members, and I'm honestly concerned that whatever advice I offer is going to stir up needless drama. But you tagged me directly, and it'd be poor form to just ignore it.

As I attempt to toe the line and not offend anyone else, here is my honest take, and I say this with no personal or financial investment: for the best possible, overall experience from start to finish, I firmly recommend Zlurpo and Jameel Ur 's coat.

I joined this thread after it was well underway, and during my time here, I've witnessed both of them take a lot of digs from various members, myself included, over various details being inaccurate or needing to be improved. Blade Runner fans are, by definition, a picky (neurotic, and I mean that in the nicest way) bunch, and every time someone here has critiqued Jameel Ur 's designs, he's smiled, responded politely, and then immediately attempted to improve. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who can take that much dirt from fans and turn it into something positive deserves your business. I owned one of his previous officer K coats, and the tailoring was top-notch. I'd have bought his recent Deckard design too (I still want to), except some unexpected medical bills hit the same time he was taking orders, and I'm still paying those off.

I know there's a difference of opinion on the accuracy of Jameel's coat fabric, and that's fair criticism, but my take is whatever you *might* find wanting in terms of perceived material accuracy you'll more than have made up for by his outstanding customer service. That, plus as I understand it, his coats are made to order, so you very well could have one made exactly to your specifications. The modifications I made to my coat were expensive, time-consuming, and ultimately something which, given the opportunity, I'm not certain I'd do again. I think you'll save yourself a *lot* of money (not to mention headache and difficulty) getting something from Jameel Ur .

Sorry, I haven't really been following this thread for the past few months, in no small part due to trying to maintain a positive headspace. So far, rereading the last few pages, I haven't really been convinced that was a mistake. There still seems to be a fair amount of...well, let's politely call it contention, over this coat, especially between rpf members, and I'm honestly concerned that whatever advice I offer is going to stir up needless drama. But you tagged me directly, and it'd be poor form to just ignore it.

As I attempt to toe the line and not offend anyone else, here is my honest take, and I say this with no personal or financial investment: for the best possible, overall experience from start to finish, I firmly recommend Zlurpo and Jameel Ur 's coat.

I joined this thread after it was well underway, and during my time here, I've witnessed both of them take a lot of digs from various members, myself included, over various details being inaccurate or needing to be improved. Blade Runner fans are, by definition, a picky (neurotic, and I mean that in the nicest way) bunch, and every time someone here has critiqued Jameel Ur 's designs, he's smiled, responded politely, and then immediately attempted to improve. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who can take that much dirt from fans and turn it into something positive deserves your business. I owned one of his previous officer K coats, and the tailoring was top-notch. I'd have bought his recent Deckard design too (I still want to), except some unexpected medical bills hit the same time he was taking orders, and I'm still paying those off.

I know there's a difference of opinion on the accuracy of Jameel's coat fabric, and that's fair criticism, but my take is whatever you *might* find wanting in terms of perceived material accuracy you'll more than have made up for by his outstanding customer service. That, plus as I understand it, his coats are made to order, so you very well could have one made exactly to your specifications. The modifications I made to my coat were expensive, time-consuming, and ultimately something which, given the opportunity, I'm not certain I'd do again. I think you'll save yourself a *lot* of money (not to mention headache and difficulty) getting something from Jameel Ur .
While I agree almost 100% with what you’re saying, I'd just like to underline that Zlurpo/Jameel’s coat has improved considerably precisely as a result of the critiquing on this forum -not in spite of it. Some of your comments make it sound as if Jameel has merely been humoring nitpicking, neurotic fans. Conscientious analysis and the pointing out of prior inconsistencies has made Zlurpo/Jameel’s product a better approximation of K’s coat, no question. So it’s a win-win for both fans and Zlurpo’s business.

But I agree that it’s a privilege to have a coat maker/designer such as Jameel on this forum to engage with every aspect of the coat. As I’ve expressed previously, he’s gone the extra mile to constantly improve the coat which is a true testament to his craft, commitment and professionalism.

Last edited:
Finally took some pics of my k outfit. The soul revolver coat looks pretty damn amazing despite the inaccuracies. Though I'm really hoping a 2nd more SA version from soul revolver comes out.
So good! What're you using for pants? I've looked and looked for something that matches, but I keep coming up short. Sadly, my boots are starting to show signs of wear, per the caveats I've seen around the interwebs. Tromping around at a restaurant in them through the winter of 2021 was... not the move. Ha.

Incidentally, Theory's HQ is right around the corner from work. I've half a mind to go in and sob softly and see if someone takes pity on me and sells me an archived Aster. Doesn't seem likely.

Hey all,
I glad you guys liked and encouraged our work and professionalism.
I faced many critic and harsh comments while I was improving my coat details, but, at the same time many RPF members encouraging me( thanks all of them).
I think Ryan Gosling's coat has been done perfectly and now it is part of past, but I thankful to robertsonick, who started this great thread.
For Blade Runner Fans, now we are going to move forward and going to start developing more complicated Rutger Hauer/ Roy Batty overcoat.

Thanks,
Jameel Ur

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back