RPF gallery of scale model cars...

Yes, very sweet indeed!! I've always had a special place in my heart for the GT40 and the 911.

Glad to see this thread growing. Please do keep those cars rolling in, everyone.
icon_smile.gif

Tom

Sweet pocher kit.

Well as long as diecasts count I can keep 'em coming. I've gotten lazy in my old age.
icon_wink.gif
I like my models built well but also built for me.

1982 Lamborghini Countach LP500s
countach1.jpg

countach2.jpg

countach3.jpg

countach4.jpg

Ooooh!!! The LP500s will always be my favorite of the Running Bulls. Damn, Dean O, did you shoot those photos? I understand that Countach is the Italian word for WOW. Does anyone know if that is true?

Nice one, PHArchivist!! If I am remember correctly, that would be Stallone's ride in DRIVEN. Good film, great soundtrack, IMHO.
icon_smile.gif

Tom

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
tommin wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>

Nice one, PHArchivist!! If I am remember correctly, that would be Stallone's ride in DRIVEN. Good film, great soundtrack, IMHO.
icon_smile.gif

Tom

</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Right movie Tom, but the Target car was driven by the German driver!
icon_wink.gif

Actually, I built the car because I work for Toyota's Natl HQ, and the Chip Ganassi racing team featured Toyota powered cars. This model was modeled as a amalgram of the various cars on the team featured in some of our marketing material. So I'm not sure if the number (12) and the rest of the markings totally match the picture car.

But its darn close!
icon_wink.gif

Yup, I took them. The lp500 is probably my favorite car from the 80's and Kyosho makes the best model of it made to date.

Thanks
icon_smile.gif
I have my camera set up on a tripod, set to the macro settings, flash turned off, I always use the timer for still shots too to ensure that the camera has a chance to stop vibrating from my touch. Adjust the exposure down a bit depending on the lighting effects I'm getting from the lights. For lighting I use two clip on desk lamps with adjustable, flexible necks and 100W daylight adjusted bulbs.(blue tinted) The back ground is a piece of poster board curved up against a blox for the rear wall. This creates a very nice seamless backgroung. The lighting can change to color as well. For instance the background in those pics was white. I set the camera at an angle that looks to be realistic in the viewfinder. Then take 4-5 shots of each pose adjusting the lighting, sometimes holding the lamps in my hands to get lighting just as I want it. After that I pic the shot that look best for my final pose.
Heres' a shot I took of the batmobile using different lighitng and backgrounds. The third shot was my favorite.
bat.jpg

bat1.jpg

bat2.jpg

PHArchivist wrote:
Right movie Tom, but the Target car was driven by the German driver!
icon_wink.gif

Actually, I built the car because I work for Toyota's Natl HQ, and the Chip Ganassi racing team featured Toyota powered cars. This model was modeled as a amalgram of the various cars on the team featured in some of our marketing material. So I'm not sure if the number (12) and the rest of the markings totally match the picture car.

But its darn close!
icon_wink.gif

Oh yeah, it was the car of the German driver with the hottie girlfriend. It's looks dead on to me.
icon_biggrin.gif
Wow!!

Tom

Oh man!!! This keeps getting better and better!!

Vin Deisel, Fast and Furious.
icon_biggrin.gif

There is no comparison to the ol' school Detroit muscle. I've always thought that Charger rocked!!! Would that be a modified Dukes of Hazzard kit??

Tom

tommin wrote:
Fast and Furious.
icon_biggrin.gif

There is no comparison to the ol' school Detroit muscle.
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Best car in the flick! Love to get one in 1:1!

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Quote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>

Would that be a modified Dukes of Hazzard kit??

Tom

Yes -- but not from me... What I mean is, it is a F&F license kit by ERTL, but it is the SAME kit as the DoH, but with new parts. THe kit comes with BOTH sets of wheels, BOTH front grills, BOTH hoods (you get the picture!)

Know what I HATE about 1:24 plastic car kits? Getting the damn chasis connected to the body...! Check out that roll bar! See how low its riding!? Body's too high, compensated for by modified wheel mountings!

Thanks for the comps, Tom!

PHArchivist wrote:
Check out that roll bar! See how low its riding!? Body's too high, compensated for by modified wheel mountings!

I see that. It is what reminded me of the 1:24 General the most. This was typical to that kit.
icon_smile.gif
It still looks fantastic. You did a great job with it. Man!! This one has made me want to take another look at that old 1:16 MPC General I have in storage. It's about 70% assembled. Could it be modified??
icon_wink.gif

Kudos on your photography, as well. I see that you have put a lot of work in that too!! It showcases your work in this very well.

Alright, it is about time that I add something to the fine mix we have going on here. This is one that I picked up about a year ago from a well known auction site. The AMT/ERTL Ghostbusters Ecto-1.

img10.jpg

img11.jpg

img12.jpg

Although it is missing a few small pieces, I was taken back by the craftsmanship that was put into it. ( it is well beyond anything that I could have done with this kit ) I've tried to track down the person's name that built it, with no success. In any case, my photography does not do it justice.

Keep those cars rolling in, fellas. Brevin/David is out of the action at present but, would be very proud of this thread. He is who inspired me to start it in the first place and it will be a great welcome to him when he gets back online.
icon_smile.gif

Tom

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back