Question RPF crashing internet connection? SOLVED (answered)

Prince NEO

Sr Member
Every day I log on to the RPF for the past week and a half my internet suddenly dies, I can't even ping my router, at first I thought it was a virus, but I have cleaned my computer from top to bottom. Then I thought it was something with my internet settings, router, or even my service packs and utilities (Switched to a new computer but using the same OP and HDD, thought they may have been corrupted) So I reinstalled and re did everything down to my firewall and my DNS, etc. And my internet works fine, until I go to the RPF, when I go to the RPF anything else I have running in a browser suddenly crashes, and the RPF doesn't work either :confused On top of that, when it does start working again it only the RPF works and if I try to do anything else while it is up it gets fussy again, as if I was cheating on the RPF, the only websites that work while on the RPF are cosplay.com and other sites that have the same identity information (The picture next to the website name in your browser) So I assume you use the same website supplier or something like that.

Anyway, has anyone else had this problem or something similar or does anyone know what this might be, I can't figure it out for sure and neither can my father, who has been fixing/building and creating computers, etc since they were those huge towers that took up entire building wings.

Edit: It crashed while trying to post this too.

Last edited:
Re: RPF crashing internet connection?

You could run a ping test while your browsing the RPF to see if your actually loosing IP connectivity to the Internet.

1- Have your browser window ready to goto the RPF.
2- Open a CMD (command) window and type the following:

Code:
ping -n 100 www.cisco.com

3- While the ping is running, goto the RPF as you normally do. Navigate around normally. Monitor to see if your pings start to fail, a message saying "Request Timed Out" will be displayed if you loose IP connectivity. Otherwise you should see something similar to "Reply from 72.163.4.161: bytes=32 time=67ms TTL=113".

If your browser crashes and the pings DO NOT FAIL. Then you have a browser application issue. Try a different browser (e.g. Chrome or Firefox) from FileHippo.com. A check of your Event Viewer may reveal additional information if the browser is actually crashing. The Event Viewer is part of the Administrative Programs in the Control Panel. If your running Windows 7, just goto your Window Button/Start Button and type Event Viewer in the search box. Go through the Windows logs under Applications and see if any events were captured.

If your browser crashes and the pings FAIL. You have a problem with your operating system. Most likely a virus. Scan your entire hard drive with an anti-virus program (e.g. Avast! or AVG) also available from Filehippo.com. A complete scan with Spybot Search & Destroy is probably in order too.

The only other thing I can think of is if your router is wireless and someone has gotten into it and setup filters to frack with you.

Good Luck... ;-)

Last edited:
Re: RPF crashing internet connection?

Thanks, the reason I have determined that it may be something with the RPF or similar boards is because I have done what you suggested, only while pinging my router and Speedguide.net

For Viruses I scanned my computer with Avast, and found 10 on my 2nd HDD (It belonged to the person who gave me the computer) so I formatted the drive and scanned again and the computer was clean, I ran spybot and it said the system was fine. (I'm using Firefox by the way) And I have checked to make sure it was not the browser, but at the same time when I started the internet it was not working and I was trying to go to ebay to provide a rating for something that just came in the mail.

Now I'm not sure that the RPF really has anything to do with it, but here is what I get for the most part when pinging:

Request timed out (It comes up approximately 10-15 times)
Reply from 10.1.2.9: bytes=32 time<(1,2, or 3)ms TTL=64

Edit:
My father fixed the problem, the drivers were too old for my computer so it was conflicting with the OP or something, he found recent drivers for my wireless card and now it's working no problem.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back