RPF 2014 Halloween Costume Contest - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Re: RPF 2014 Halloween Costume Contest

Hey! I've been entering my son in the kids contests the last couple of years - he's 13 now (ACK! My baby is growing up....) and too old for kids, and old enough to be in the 'new member' category. I suppose that means I have to let him sign up for the site or can I just enter him as a 'new member' under my ID?

Also - his plan is to do as much of his own costume as possible, but as he's been working on it, time wise, he's going to need my help... basically I'll be the grunt work - tape this, cut this help me figure out how to get in it etc... I know others have entered in the contest with kids and such, so I'm guessing it's okay if he gets mom's help? Just wanted to check before I start doing anything for him.

Hey! I've been entering my son in the kids contests the last couple of years - he's 13 now (ACK! My baby is growing up....) and too old for kids, and old enough to be in the 'new member' category. I suppose that means I have to let him sign up for the site or can I just enter him as a 'new member' under my ID?

Also - his plan is to do as much of his own costume as possible, but as he's been working on it, time wise, he's going to need my help... basically I'll be the grunt work - tape this, cut this help me figure out how to get in it etc... I know others have entered in the contest with kids and such, so I'm guessing it's okay if he gets mom's help? Just wanted to check before I start doing anything for him.

To stick within the rules he'll have to sign up as a new member, however you are allowed to help him with his costume as long as you don't outright make it for him.

Good luck!

is it absolutely necessary to wear the costume with the rpf proof? its just impossible for me to get into the costume by myself, and after that it would be impossible to take a photo by myself xD (id enter the deathstroke)
i can do a pic next to the full costume, plus a picture of me in costume without helmet on so you can see its clearly me xD

Alternatively, i can put on the helmet, and do a proof shot with that if thats cool too xD

is it absolutely necessary to wear the costume with the rpf proof? its just impossible for me to get into the costume by myself, and after that it would be impossible to take a photo by myself xD (id enter the deathstroke)
i can do a pic next to the full costume, plus a picture of me in costume without helmet on so you can see its clearly me xD

Alternatively, i can put on the helmet, and do a proof shot with that if thats cool too xD

Put the helmet on and pose with the other pieces. :)

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Oh good, because I was facing the same problem. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to confirm, I HAVE to be wearing some piece of my costume? I can't be standing next to it holding the proof sign?

I am building a costume for my wife. I just want to make sure I understand the rules, I would not be able to submit the costume because It's not my costume, and she would not be able to submit the costume because she is not the person making it. (she is also not a member)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back