Round2 Producing a 1/350 Star Trek TMP K'Tinga

Was the photo-etch ILM used for Q1 from donor kits? I always assumed it was custom made. Finding donor etch at 1/2 studio scale would be a nightmare, if it were even possible.

I had a copy of the STVI script back when the movie came out. It was spelled "Kronos" in the script. I remember that specifically.

I think I may have that actual copy too... Russet colored covered?

For the majority of the PE adornments of the "K1", if accurate prints could be made, it could be made of gold,self-adhesive mylar. Except for the more dimensional parts, like the epaulets on the 'shoulders' of the main hull, or the PE parts around the 'crown' of the bridge tower.

Last edited:
I bought the script at a convention and it looked photocopied a bazillion times. It was the one that still had Saavik in the script before they made her Valeris.

Are you thinking about converting the Amar into the Q1? You might want to wait for PL to release their version. It's certainly not a given that they'll do it, but the kit is engineered to make it possible.

I bought the script at a convention and it looked photocopied a bazillion times. It was the one that still had Saavik in the script before they made her Valeris.

Are you thinking about converting the Amar into the Q1? You might want to wait for PL to release their version. It's certainly not a given that they'll do it, but the kit is engineered to make it possible.

I'm impatient

I shall never forget being awestruck by the level of detail seen the the KBC's in the beginning of ST: TMP

But it is Kronos One that I'm truly enamored with

Who has a list of the photo-etched sets used for the studio Kronos One (Quonos 1...?) and are these sets available in half the scale as those used on the Magicam model...?

I think star-art said that some were actually left overs from Blade Runner. Beyond that, not an idea.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back