Round2 Acquires Star Wars License

Updated (again) Round 2 wish list.

A Blockade Runner (in a larger scale)
Sandcrawler (never been done outside of a garage kit)
Y-Wing 1:48
Probe Droid
Shuttle Tydirium (accurate)
AT-AT (larger scale)
AT-ST (larger scale)
Docking bay 94? (not their usual forte, but they did do a nuclear disposal area for their Space 1999 Eagle, but I heard it wasn't a great seller).
Lars Homestead?
Slave 1 (despite there being several kits, I'm thinking there is a lot of fans out there...probably more now, with it being in the Mandalorian)
Razor Crest
R2 and C3PO (accurate)
Cloud Car
Mon Calamari ships (limited interest?)
Rebel Transport (limited interest?)
U-Wing
Vader TIE 1/48 (added edge10 idea)
Moff Gideon cruiser (so obvious, I forgot about it)
Rydonium Juggernaut
Destroyer Droid - Droideka (janglesworthy suggestion)
Super Battle Droid
1:72 TIE Bomber (Millenniumf suggestion) Why didn't I think of that? But I would suggest 1:48 too.
Moldy Crow (Millenniumf suggestion)

TazMan2000

So, the Razor Crest is slated to be at 1:72 scale. Since I have no idea how big the actual ship is supposed to be in the universe, I have no idea what size of model will be in inches.

So, the Razor Crest is slated to be at 1:72 scale. Since I have no idea how big the actual ship is supposed to be in the universe, I have no idea what size of model will be in inches.

Razor Crest? That hasn't been confirmed as a Round 2 kit anywhere, far as I know.

Are you thinking of the 1:72 Razor Crest that Revell Germany announced?

Honestly, I had to look up the Moldy Crow. I'd heard the name previously, and noticed a few builds in passing, but since it isn't a ship from the movies or TV series (and I'm not a gamer) it was never on my radar. It's a cool design, but unless Favreau and Filoni throw fans a bone and add the ship to Mando or one of the other new series, I doubt we'd ever see it in styrene. Not to dismiss the ship or anyone who likes/craves it, but I think if they produced a kit of that over many other subjects I'd be really surprised.

FFG did a Moldy Crow for the X-Wing game

That is about the best you can hope for from a commercial "kit:

4117C72O6pL._AC_.jpg

Although MPC did do the Virago back in the day, but I suspect it was not a big hit

Last edited:
Although MPC did do the Virago back in the day, but I suspect it was not a big hit

That and the Xizor (or whatever his name was) from "Shadows of the Force" (not sure that is right) demonstrates that kit releases are driven by content marketing/promotion. When Lucasfilm/Disney has a show or movie to sell to audiences, we'll more likely get a kit from it than from something already in the canon.

Thanks and it would have been better but I built it from screen grabs from jedi Knight 2 with not the best graphics and a small picture in a magazine...
Yeah, I've built many projects with limited reference material, only later to find better reference later and see that my work wasn't as close as I'd like it to be. Sorry if it came across as knocking your work, I just really love this ship, so I'd love a model of it accurate to the original mesh.

Yeah, I've built many projects with limited reference material, only later to find better reference later and see that my work wasn't as close as I'd like it to be. Sorry if it came across as knocking your work, I just really love this ship, so I'd love a model of it accurate to the original mesh.
It's fine and there's a lot of stuff I've done in the past with limited reference and questionable accuracy but almost all of these have died and gone to scratch built heaven and in some cases hell....

Obviously, Round 2 is hinting strongly that it's first new Star Wars kit will be the first ship ever seen in Star Wars, the Rebel Blockade Runner, or Tantive IV. I mean, hello -- May the 4th... Tantive 4... It's all clear as day, people!!!
First.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back