ROTJ E-11 Sterling Conversion Questions

tubachris85x

Master Member
So I was able to pick this up from a local. Unfortunately I didn't recognize it as such until I got it on hand. It was an opportunity for acquiring a deactivated sterling for what I felt was a decent price. Regardless, I did some quick research and confirmed that this is a "replica" sterling, the L2A3 from what I read up on. Despite not being the base sterling I wanted (I wanted to do an ESB stunt conversion), this is exactly what was used for the ROTJ blasters.

I guess since I'm not as well versed with the use of a real sterling, what kind of prices should I expect for the general refurbishing and welding? I figure I could still "flip" this and use it towards the more recognized version for what I'd like.

This piece is "mostly" there. I'm definitely needing to get some replacement parts, mainly the spring as well as the charging handle. Also a magazine. I should get someone who could weld it back together, strip it and then re-powder coat it.

LpPnw17.jpg

Has anyone ever done a ROTJ sterling conversion before? I don't recall seeing one before

It surely looks like a MGC sterling, but I don´t see any sense to cut up a REPLICA?! :facepalm

Anyway...
there are a few ROTJ E-11 conversions out there, I know of at least 5-6 done by members of this board.
Since the MGC receiver is no solid (1,5mm thick), but a rolled/ folded steel tube (with just 1mm wall thickness), it might be more complicated to get it back together. Maybe a rebuild around an inner tube would be the better option?! in addition to that the MGC sterlings were not powder coated, but blued.

May I ask wat you paid for it?

Markus

It surely looks like a MGC sterling, but I don´t see any sense to cut up a REPLICA?! :facepalm

Anyway...
there are a few ROTJ E-11 conversions out there, I know of at least 5-6 done by members of this board.
Since the MGC receiver is no solid (1,5mm thick), but a rolled/ folded steel tube (with just 1mm wall thickness), it might be more complicated to get it back together. Maybe a rebuild around an inner tube would be the better option?! in addition to that the MGC sterlings were not powder coated, but blued.

May I ask wat you paid for it?

Markus

Well I'm not sure of it's history, really even how the person I bought it from got a hold of it. He claimed that this was used for training purposes. The barrel is filled though. I imagine at one point it was fully functional.

As for fixing it up, maybe, the cuts are rather clean. If I can find a metal worker perhaps he'll be able to say for sure what would be best. I'd like to avoid having to to put another tube inside if I can help it. The other thing is the stock is bent crooked, so I need to have that straightened out.

I paid under $200 for this actually

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back