Rorschach's Grappling Gun that really fires! Update PG 2!

Re: Rorschach's Grappling Gun that really fires!

Can't wait to get mine. :cool

THEY'RE LOOKING QUITE SEXY EVEN IN PARTS.

Like. I'm seriously freaking out, it looks like Tyco decided to produce a Watchmen Toy. :D Pretty sure you guys will be super pleased.

Off to the pressure tank! We'll see if I got the powder ratios better for the run I poured yesterday!

ALSO For those curious, here's a picture of my thrift-shop Rorschach costume + Gun

RorTblk.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for the support guys! I'm excited, the cold-cast versions look so much hotter than my prototype already. This is the first dry-assembly after popping the new tooling-pattern for the core out of the mold. :) Sooo excited to get to final clean up and assembly, but there's still a few parts to fiddle with. The white metal you see on the gun is the bit I'm currently working on.

Damn, you really did follow Rorschach's credo: "Never compromise!"

That is a heap of scratch-built beauty, amigo! :thumbsup

Welcome to the RPF - now TOP it! ;)

Dan

Damn, you really did follow Rorschach's credo: "Never compromise!"

That is a heap of scratch-built beauty, amigo! :thumbsup

Welcome to the RPF - now TOP it! ;)

Dan

Hahaha thanks! Gotta take things one project at a time, but I do have plans for future custom models for fun, like a steampunk variant and so on. Once I get all the parts finished, it's a matter of experimenting with surface art and decorations and then ETSY. :love

I have other props I want to make in the future, or consider custom orders but I gotta ride this one out first and see how that whole business goes. :) This project alone is leaps and bounds ahead of my usual work, I'm proud to have this on my workbench as I found this forum!

I foresee experimentation with stop-motion puppets and mini props in the future at least. (My major was animation, but I've been trained/tutored in model making by my father for some time.)

Last edited:

Just wanted to give Bilious a shout-out concerning this remarkable reproduction.

A good friend of mine - who has worked in the film industry for over twenty years - saw the grappler in person and was flabbergasted by the craftsmanship (which speaks volumes). Apparently he was so taken with it that he even asked Bilious to build some things for his latest film.

Congrats!

And great work too - really well-done!

Just wanted to give Bilious a shout-out concerning this remarkable reproduction.

A good friend of mine - who has worked in the film industry for over twenty years - saw the grappler in person and was flabbergasted by the craftsmanship (which speaks volumes). Apparently he was so taken with it that he even asked Bilious to build some things for his latest film.

Congrats!

And great work too - really well-done!

pfft AND HERE I WAS TRYING TO BE ALL COY ABOUT THAT. Thanks so much for the support, seriously!!

I'm about to start final assembly of this first run, I'm so excited. All the hardware arrived, save for a few pieces I need to locate asap. X) New photos soon, I promise! :love

Excellent work, always good to see new talent :) Please keep us posted on your future builds.

So excited. Worked for eight hours doing cleanup and as soon as I have the oomf to go make coffee, I'm going to crank out all the drilling and custom-spring-winding and trigger-mechanism cutting today. So so excited if I actually get off my bum and stop lurking around RPF I may have a pile of finished guns today!!

Probably not but tomorrow the latest, I'm sure. :D So funny! I wrap this up just in time for work on this new prop-making job D48th mentioned! Great timing, I'd say! More photos hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

You go, girl! :)

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for Ted.

You go, girl! :)

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for Ted.

Oh man, we're meeting soon to talk about it, but I've already got ideas and loads of questions for him. (I'm kind of hoping he wants it to spark on command. :D ) Man, I'm so in love with practical effects. I'm glad I had this grappling gun project to get my feet wet, cause I'm totally rarin' to jump in. XD

I hope to have the Gguns assembled by the time I see him, he can let you know how awesome they are in person. :cool

When I don't have this on my bench anymore, I want to start experimenting more with animatronics and puppetry too. :D

Thanks guys! I got derailed a little bit with another project, but I've been working on puttin' this run all together. Hope to have it out of here next week, and fresh pics all around soon. :D

Update is I'm almost ready to ship! Just the wooden grips and final adjustments and grapples to assemble left. WE'RE GETTIN' CLOSE. I'm so near completion of this run I don't want to rush it or risk ruining what otherwise has gone so smoothly so far.

The Rorschach army is almost armed. >:3

1st4GGuns.jpg

I'm confused. Where these offered for sale at some point? If so I don't know how I missed it. I love the Watchmen and Rorschach in particular; I would have jumped on this run immediately. Are they all spoken for? If not, or if you're considering doing another run, please count me in!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back