Roddenberry Prop Announcements at Star Trek Las Vegas 2014

At one point they were using the molds from the show iirc

So I just recieved my Roddenberry 2370's combadge... What a rip guess I should of read it better. The badge is to small... What one gotta do to get a screen accurate piece? Do any of you guys know who makes them? Where to buy them?

So I just recieved my Roddenberry 2370's combadge... What a rip guess I should of read it better. The badge is to small... What one gotta do to get a screen accurate piece? Do any of you guys know who makes them? Where to buy them?

Are you sure it is too small? Personally for me, back in the early 90's most people thought that the com badge shaped base of the action figures were the correct size and/or the common found shiny silver and gold pins. However, I was shocked to find out how much smaller the real props actually were. Maybe take some measurements and post them just to be sure.

Ok so got around to taking measurements of what received... Here they are

- - - Updated - - -

Umm, The TNG and Voy combadges Rodd sells are perfectly accurate to the originals.

John

I'd love to see yours and how long ago did you buy them?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    463 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    603.4 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    787.4 KB · Views: 77
Ok so got around to taking measurements of what received... Here they are

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to see yours and how long ago did you buy them?

Based on your photos, these are the exact size of the screen used props.
Authentic originals have come up for sale online before, with size/measurement posted.
The metal QMx replica is the same size also.

Good good I'm still new at all this, I just hate buying crap and there's a lot of it out there. It just looks so small it's hard to find mesurments online. So is that the most accurate com badge money can buy other the screen used?

Good good I'm still new at all this, I just hate buying crap and there's a lot of it out there. It just looks so small it's hard to find mesurments online. So is that the most accurate com badge money can buy other the screen used?

Yes. I am hard pressed to think of any other licensed badge, now or in the past, that could be more accurate.

First prop I ever got was a TOS comm replica back in the early 80s. While not as accurate as the comms that have come out over the last few years it was a decent replica. Upon opening the box my initial thought was "that's it". I guess I expected a real communicator or something. While I eventually grew to love that piece it took me some time to really understand that these are replicas of hand made TV props. Often sets and props look bigger and more elaborate on TV and move screens.

Rodd.com (HMS) made some very nice and very accurate kits and replicas. You're not going to get any better.

Yep accurate. Now when it comes to TNG there are two sizes. Seasons one and two were bigger. Season three onward is slightly smaller. The smaller is what is available now from most places. the older bigger ones are hard to find.

I too had thought my TNG commbadge was small when I had first received it from Roddenberry.com. It wasn't until I looked over multiple screen caps and paused a bunch of episodes that I figured out it was actually the correct size. Funny how what is perceived on screen can be different than what actually is.

I was hoping the Mk IX Tricorder would be made differently from the MR/eFx version, because those are way too heavy. I'm not a fan of die-cast.

I have been in contact with Roddenberry.com and I am sorry to say ther has been a DELAY on the Legacy Tricorder. They are now saying that shipping on the prop will be Late November!!!

Well I asked Roddenberry.com what is the delay and they wrote back that they (roddenberry) are at the mercy of the manufacture of the tricorder. but I was assured that they are worth the wait. I am betting that they won't be delivered until Christmas. I wonder who is the "manufacturer" is?

this is the 2nd time rod.com has offered a MK IX tricorder. The 1st time they were asking $999.95, then they removed it because efx came out with theirs for $799.95. I had the efx 1 that was made by the same manufacturer as the MR which most likely rod.com is getting theirs done at. If rod.com gets it correct with a closing ratchet sfx then it will be a winner, if not I'll sell it on the bay and just do my stapelton/gmprops kit that I have that has 3 functions and the closing ratchet sfx.
We will have to wait and see. Shoot if AA/DST jump on the bandwagon, well they might come out with 1 for the LOW LOW PRICE of $59.95 :p

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back