robocop battle damaged torso

ave4uevoli

Sr Member
Whew this display has changed hands A LOT. First created by Bruce Hansing, I"ve seen this prop in the hands of the late Houdiniguy, then over to Detale78 who added to this piece significantly. I believe he put wires, and other electronic looking parts in the elbow areas (and they were still greasy :angry:)), made a stand that looks like a spine(?) and painted a helmet to match the suit. Then it went to Simmon M who displayed this proudly in that amazing lifesized bust room of his...

So it's been through a lot. I've been eyeing this piece for a few years but for some reason or another it never entered the gravitational vortex that is my basement.

But here it is - I wanted to do something different with it because everyone's seen pics of it one way or another.

I got a white rolling clothes rack (white to match my walls so that this would appear to be floating). My intention was to mimic the scene from which he was hanging in the lab after he was dismantled. Thus, he had to be strung up.

I just got the rack a few days ago and the steel cable yesterday. I still have to add a lot of details like wires, gadgets, gizmos.. .etc. but not too much as to detract from the bust. I think that it currently looks a lot like the sarah connor chronicles bust which isn't a bad thing. :love

That's about it - it's still a work in progress. The bust is heavy! Imagine little ol' me using both hands to hold the steel cable, while I supported the bust on one knee while standing on my tippee toes on my other foot. Yea... it was pretty ridiculous :wacko I didn't even "roll" it to the right place in my collection - that's just the "work area"

blah - enough talk - on with the pics... more to come later.. (yes, I have other projects to fix up in the works... sorry I've been slow. I have the attention span of a bug on acid. :angel)

comments welcome as always

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

Fantastic looking display. Can't wait to see what you do with this. Very creative! Where do you get the steel cabling by the way.

All we need is for Tom to chime in here and we have all four owners in a row! ;)

I agree, a most unique display idea that presents so many different options ... I could go crazy attaching hoses and wires and cables all over the place. I'd even go so far as to get some sort of computer unit (clunky server type) and have all the cables connect into it somehow ... think '30's era Jacob's Ladder ... the type you'd find in Dr. Frankenstein's lab (no, not really!). ;)

Fantastic looking display. Can't wait to see what you do with this. Very creative! Where do you get the steel cabling by the way.

thanks Detale - I got the cable from a local hardware store. They had reels and reels of cable and chains and whatnot.... I used two 6 foot length cables

All we need is for Tom to chime in here and we have all four owners in a row! ;)

I agree, a most unique display idea that presents so many different options ... I could go crazy attaching hoses and wires and cables all over the place. I'd even go so far as to get some sort of computer unit (clunky server type) and have all the cables connect into it somehow ... think '30's era Jacob's Ladder ... the type you'd find in Dr. Frankenstein's lab (no, not really!). ;)

Yea - sadly I think THAT Tom is banned still. As per the movie they used grey and black cables hanging out of the torso area. They also had a construction light hanging on the bottom. I might add the construction light to add some cool lighting effects. I have to be careful about hanging too much cabling to the bottom, cables get heavy real quick.

I'm thinking of possibly having the top and bottom shelves as storage areas for the helmet, gloves and other various parts that I have. It should turn out to be interesting. For once, I don't have to really worry about this being a "cluttered mess" because that's the look that i'm going for :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back