Robinson Crusoe on Mars - Video Unit

mercuryapollo

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Was watching one of my favorite old Sci Fi movies and came up with the idea that the video unit could be and interesting prop build. Searched around and could not find any info. Does anyone know if this was a found item or made for the movie. or a combo of both. Any information would be appreciated.

robinson-crusoe-on-mars.jpg
SciFiSat_031.jpg

I’m afraid I don’t have any information on the video unit. I just wanted to thank you for reminding me of a movie I haven’t thought about in years. It’s a pretty good movie, best I remember.

Now I want to watch it again, TOO ! :lol:

Since it could not possibly have a TV in it in the year that movie was made, and everything is so clearly organized around the TV, it must be a unique made up prop. (my best analysis.)

The "luggage" style latches are bizarre on this piece. This type might be on an old guitar case or trunk or something. But they are on the front, and the back of the case. It just seems like everything is randomly placed to look COOL, but not really be functional. The case itself might actually have existed with no electronics, and they simply added ALL the electronics.

Attachments

• txx7vnb8tuu4twttajit.jpg
    txx7vnb8tuu4twttajit.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 87
i re watched this not so long ago, the whole movie is on you tube, i think in 5 or 6 segments to avoid it getting pulled.

it's one of those movies that stuck in my mind over the years.

the tv unit looks custom made for the movie in my opinion.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back