Roaring P1 model kit

Lifeburn

Sr Member
Just got this today. This will be my first model kit so I will no doubt have some questions. It's a vinyl kit so its pretty easy to work with. This kit is around 10" tall.

All the pieces laid out...
SANY0092.jpg

All the pieces trimmed...
SANY0094.jpg

Ran out of superglue so the upper torso is just sitting on the bottom...
SANY0099.jpg

Need to get some model putty so I can fill in the seams before I start painting...
SANY0098.jpg

Hi Matt, have you filled the legs with anything? vinyl figures can sag over time, I generally fill the legs with plaster of paris or newspaper, and thread stiff wire through both arms, nice looking kit, good luck with it.

Thanks for the advice troggs. What do you mean by the legs sagging? And the plaster of paris stuff, can I get that at Wal-mart or would I have to go to a hobby store?

Hi Matt, the legs hopefully won't sag much, the plaster of paris helps to give the model some weight and stability, i don't know if wal mart would stock it, I'm in the UK, so I just get it from hobby shops, the main problem with sagging could be the arms especially if the model gets subjected to heat, like bright sunlight or lamps in a display case, thay could soften slightly and start to droop over time.

Mo problem, don't make the same mistake I did with my first vinyl kit, I tried using enamel paints - you should only use acrylics on vinyl.

Yeah the waisgt is a little bigger than the torso. That's why I haven't worked on this anymore because I can't get a good enough connection for the super glue to hold the pieces together. I have some epoxy so I'm gonna try to use that.

And I got this kit off ebay, came from thailand so don't know who made it.

Look, recast or not, I don't really care. I got it cheap and that's all that matters to me. I don't want this thread to turn into a "**** all recasters" thread, which it is quickly turning into.

Its established now that it is a recast, is that gonna make me throw it away and wash my hands to rid myself of the "sin" I committed? Nope, I'm going to keep working on it. So please stop with the "recasters and buyers suck" posts.

Look. He said he realizes it's a recast.. He didn't know it when he bought it. So lay off the name calling, ok! It happens.. No one likes it, but that's the risk when you put them out there. I'm sure my P1 will get cast.., really I don't care or else I wouldn't have sold them. If I accidently bought a recaster item, I'm not gonna play hot patatoe and throw it out of my hands when someone yells recast. I'm gonna paint the ******* up. So on with the build.. It paid for already .. Leave lifeburn alone

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back