RIP Wilford Brimley

SO many great performances across tv and movies, even loved his commercials

I never knew my Grandfathers so Wilford was mine ...........

Like many others, my kids always pronounced diabetes like Wilfred- "Di-a-BEET-us" . :lol: The one thing about having it for 35 years that makes me smile.

He'll be missed.

Aside from commercials for “Diabeetus” and Quaker Oats, I think of his performance from The Natural as being the most memorable.

What was amazing to me is that he was only 49 when he appeared in Cacoon but was one of those actors who actually played roles that were older than his real age.

This is a bummer. I always enjoyed seeing him in a film. I probably most associate him with The Thing - an old friend and I would always chuckle at how he gesticulates with the revolver as he fires it in this scene (plus the "I'll KILL youuuuuuuuuu!):

Don’t forget his role in cocoon in the China syndrome among other great movies did he did it was a solid character actor I think my favorite role of his was his brief appearance in Absence of malice with Paul Newman where he came in and just totally dismantled the idiot attorney that had caused all the trouble

One of those guys who felt like he was always around and he'd always be around.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back