RIP Ray Liotta

Sounds crazy, but I loved his cameo on "Just Shoot Me" where he played a version of himself, obsessed with Christmas

FTsv_vuXsAAlNy0?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

So I read that he died in his sleep. So I guess they dont know why yet...thats crazy.
I know hom mostly from GTA:Vice City. He did that role so well.

FTtB1EEX0AAExKL.jpg

Just got done watching Goodfellas, will probably watch Killing Them Softly as palette cleanser. The latter felt like his swan song on that kind of role.

His name always makes me think first of Something Wild, the 1986 Jonathan Demme film he made with Melanie Griffith and Jeff Daniels -- both because of the impression he makes in it, but also because significant portions of it were shot in our local area (Tallahassee and Quincy, Florida, standing in for both New Jersey and Virgina in the film).

SSB

Sad to hear about his passing. This might sound dumb, but I've often thought that in the right timeline Ray Liotta would have been a pretty cool Captain Pike.

View attachment 1579707

Definitely a strong resemblance.

Having said that, I don’t know if a version of Captain Pike that took out his laser pistol and pistol whipped a Talosian in its bulbous head would have worked.

His later work in the Chantix Dramas was excellent, and probably the best work in the entire smoking cessation genre.

This one, below, will stay with you. For me, even though I’m a non-smoker, it made me want to become a smoker, just so I could experience the adventure and drama that apparently comes with quitting smoking with Chantix.

Paulie always said…”Never rat on your friends, and always use the Chantix.”

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back