RIP Andre Braugher

I just saw this article - the use of the word "gravitas" can't be a coincidence. I always think of this scene whenever I hear the word:

I always remembered him as Thomas from Glory.

IMG_2430.jpeg

Man this hits hard!

I used to crash the set on “Homicide: Life On The Street” and talked with him frequently.

Frank Pembleton was the highlight of that show, just a brillant performance.

My deepest sympathy to Ami and the kids.

We have lost an amazing Actor

I always remembered him as Thomas from Glory.

View attachment 1769428

I totally forgot that was him in this movie! It's easily in the top five Civil War movies. Every other year or so I would go to this big Civil War show in Nashville with my dad. One time they had a big case with an 1860-something Springfield rifle musket that was used by a 54th Mass. soldier at the Battle of Ft. Wagner (big battle in the movie near the beach). It was 1992 and the for sale price was something like $10,000. It was documented down to the exact soldier.

I totally forgot that was him in this movie! It's easily in the top five Civil War movies. Every other year or so I would go to this big Civil War show in Nashville with my dad. One time they had a big case with an 1860-something Springfield rifle musket that was used by a 54th Mass. soldier at the Battle of Ft. Wagner (big battle in the movie near the beach). It was 1992 and the for sale price was something like $10,000. It was documented down to the exact soldier.

Agreed; Glory is one of the best Civil War movies (highly fictionalized in a lot of places in the movie, but still good).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back