Rick Deckard's Shoes???

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone have any info on Deckard's shoes from Blade Runner? Screen Grabs? I've got a customer who wants me to put together the whole outfit from head to toe, so any info you can provide would be helpful.

Thanks,
Magnoli

Thanks for the link! Hmmm... was hoping they were a dress shoe, but I could probably make these as well. I could do them in my "cordovan" brown calfskin, which is a very dark brown, nearly black with brown laces. Any more images you can provide would be helpful.

Thanks,
Indy

I got a pair of Adidas "Stan Smiths." They're very similar in construction to the Officials, except they don't have the shiny patent finish.
I got a pair of round brown dress laces to replace the flat black laces that come with the shoes.
Here's what mine look like.

IMG_0003a.jpg

IMG_0007b.jpg

I think this is the best pic I've got in my collection.

They are pretty ragged specimens to say the least, eh?

shoes.jpg

Nick

Wow those things are almost Brown. Looks like you're better off with the Stan Smith's - all the shine of the originals was buffed out anyway.

Great Pic BTW

From what I've read on the Bladerunner sites the shoes were black Official shoes by Addidas though the Stan's are a very good close enough. Addidas DID do a run of Bladerunner shoes but other than these pix I don't know much about them and have been looking for a set that wont kill my budget.

2647_12.jpg

26cd_12.jpg

274f_12.jpg

27e0_12.jpg

285e_12.jpg

Pix of the Officials

official_672824.jpg

official_cataloginfo.jpg

Not to derail the beginnings of a very informative thread. here's a pic of a young Sean Young.

autografo07.jpg

From what I've read on the Bladerunner sites the shoes were black Official shoes by Addidas though the Stan's are a very good close enough. Addidas DID do a run of Bladerunner shoes but other than these pix I don't know much about them and have been looking for a set that wont kill my budget.

Not to derail the beginnings of a very informative thread. here's a pic of a young Sean Young.

autografo07.jpg

So sexy and so crazy all wrapped int one...!

Not sure if it's an "official" release. It's what I found on one of the Bladerunner sites. They ARE addidas for sure and I think the fansites agreed they were for Officials on the court and not the Stan Smiths as once thought. Stan Smiths are a very good close enough. Also, I understand they're black with brown laces and not brown with brown laces.

I think I repeated myself, sorry.

Ha, I just noticed this thread! Brings back memories of squinting at the DVD shots of Deckard's shoes. I helped identify the shoes a few years ago and co-wrote the article on bladezone. That is the clearest production photo/slide of the shoes I've seen though! Somewhere I also have a still which shows the pattern of the sole which helps distinguish the smith from the official. I think it was "herringbone" for the official and round nubs for the smith. The photo confirmed it was the official. One question that remains is whether the shoes were somehow dyed brown or if they were just aged and dusted with brown fuller's earth or whatever.

It's cool to see one of the original shoe detectives chiming in.

That pic is best shoe pic I've got. There are a few other on set photos that show them fairly well too but I"d have to search around a little to hunt them down.

The shoes look pretty destroyed. Looks like they were dunked in acid or bleach. I find it highly doubtful that anyone would be willing to do such a weathering job on their own shoes.

Nick

That is the stan smith. The Deckard shoes were the "Official." But they look very similar and almost no one would be able to tell the difference, especially for costuming.

Last edited:
There are also tons of non-Adidas options of a similar style available. If you're not too fussed about being perfectly SA, close-enoughs are readily available! I've personally just gotten a pair of all leather Lonsdales in a very similar style for £12 in the Sports Direct sale, and with brown laces they really look the part!

I did manage to find a pair of these in my size, NOS, on ebay a few years ago. Should have bought a lottery ticket too, same day.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back