Revell Kenworth W900?

DarthVador

Hello Everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this question,I been looking for a bigger sleeper and stretch kit for the Revell 1/25 Kenworth W900 as I would like a bigger sleeper then what the model kit comes with but I can not seem to find any place that makes these kits,can anyone tell me if there is any after market kits for the Revell 1/25 Kenworth W900?,I do know these can be made by scratch but this is something I am not good at making these parts so I like to find a place that makes them..

So can anyone help me with this?

Thank You to anyone that can help me with getting these parts..

Here is a picture of the Revel 1/25 Kenworth W900 and the Trailer and new wheel set I have for the model..

Clarence

RXqCCU.jpg

I would suggest giving what Kruleworld mention a try. Then you can make it as long as you want. Here's a link that might be helpful too. http://www.aitruckmodels.com/pages/kitsparts.html

Thanks,I contacted the place you link me and they do not have a bigger sleeper then what the model comes with so the ones they have will not work,I did ask them if they can make bigger ones and they said no,so I have to keep looking or some how make my own by scratch like the one in the link kruleworld posted for me.

You could buy an extra sleeper in stock size and use that to lengthen the one you have. Just cut out the middle section and extend the other one with that.
Just like they make a limousine.

You could buy an extra sleeper in stock size and use that to lengthen the one you have. Just cut out the middle section and extend the other one with that.
Just like they make a limousine.

Thanks Caretaker10,I think I am going to take your advice and order the extra sleeper that is available and cut the two parts in half and stick the extra in between each part to get the longer sleeper I am looking for,looks like I will need to do some work on putting everything together like using maybe something like putty and sanding everything smoothly do you think that be the best way to do it?

I ask this as I never built anything from scratch and using putty except for doing some putty work on the Mike Salzo 37.5 BSG..

Hi Vador,
best thing is to cut one in half and the other one near the corners.
Then you choose the length you are looking for and place the middle part in between the first one. I think you should use some extra supports to make it stronger.
Sanding and putty when needed.

Show us some pics on your progress..

Hi Vador,
best thing is to cut one in half and the other one near the corners.
Then you choose the length you are looking for and place the middle part in between the first one. I think you should use some extra supports to make it stronger.
Sanding and putty when needed.

Show us some pics on your progress..

Thanks will do,I will need to order next month the sleeper and get some more styrene sheets and u-channels for support and some putty and sand paper..

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back