Resources for Peggy Carter's TFA uniform?

merkymerx

Hey guys. Since I'm making a 1:1 TFA Capt. America display, I'd like to have a Peggy Carter costume to display next to it.

Are there any reliable places online that sell good reproductions of WW2 ladies dress uniforms? Crossing my fingers of course that there will be an exact match to the photo below haha! It's taken from the Profiles in history auction site:

6840560452_87969d9328_z.jpg

Click here to view the auction information on the costume

I was fortunate enough to have been able to get one of kevinericon's SSR pins. Click here to view his thread

Having the entire thing made is an option, but if there's a nice one available online then I'd go for that :)

If you guys have any leads to the other parts of the costume such as just the blouse, tie, and brass buttons, kindly link them to this thread. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

Try ww2-reenactors for their US women's ETO jacket. I think a minute amount of work can be done on it to bring it up to spec (brass ww2 buttons from ebay or etsy, removal of the buckle, and I see SSR pins here on RPF as you mentioned to finish the look). The site has a skirt as well I'm checking on, and will holler back here if it's a match in color.

Last edited:
Wow thank you so much for all that info IntempestaNox! I learned quite a lot just from reading your replies.

The jacket, though not exact, looks quite nice! Wish the skirt came in different colors.

Thanks again for all the help! It's much appreciated :)

No problem merkymerx! I've a feeling the costume designer may have taken liberties with the material and color of the WAC uniform Peggy wears, but don't know that for certain.

With regard to the jacket, if you order it I'd check with the company first to ensure you get a good fit in the bust and waist (there is a 6 inch taper, at the very least). I may be sending my jacket (just received today) back for a different size because of the taper. Other than that the outfit looks fabulous! (Aim for any pair of low to mid heel brown oxfords if you don't want to buy their WAC standard issue shoes.)

Update - I had a spare couple of minutes, so I decided to try on the jacket and skirt with a button up shirt. The jacket actually fits well, I guess the slight bagginess on the back is something I'm not keen on. Wondering if it was done to help with ease of movement (if that was the case, why not make slightly smaller armholes). Anyhow, it works well, as does the skirt, though the latter is sent unhemmed so the wearer can get it hemmed to any length they need.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back