Resistance Bullseye prop

849324lf

in the mist of some projects i will be doing off and on, what I'll be building is a bullseye assault rifle from the resistance franchise. it's an incredible weapon to use in the game and a interesting prop to try and build. if there's anything i can use to start off this project, it will be great. thanks.

Bullseye has been my weapon of choice since I first started playing resistance....it rarely let's me down in online play.
Can't wait to see the progress.

Btw, i believe there was a girl online who made a replica of the Marksman. It looked pretty damn sweet. I'll see if I can find a link.

Oh I forgot about that one ( the first one). He made it for the president of insomniac games.

Didnt even know about the second one....resistance 3 bullseye. Pretty good build so far

I remember the first one. I think that one weighed about 28 pounds in total when presented that one to Ted Price. the second one that's being built so far looks amazing. i'm hoping mine to look like the resistance 3 version but be much much lighter than the first one.

That would be moi. I made seven of them in 2009/2010.

Sony told me that it had to be "mostly metal", so I used 6061 aluminum, brass and steel. The more-complex parts were done in resin, as we had a target-cost to hit and 100% CNCed metal would have put it waaay over budget (and weight).

Each rifle has a working laser sight, approx 40 LEDs, removable magazine, and power-up sound effect when the mag is smacked in.

The main structure is 6061 aluminum for weight savings. But it is still monstrously heavy.

There are about 325 separate parts. About 30 are screws/connectors. The rest all had to be made from scratch. Oy.

I still have the rubber molds for the (about) 20 resin parts. If anybody wants some resin parts, we could probably do a delio. It would save ya a ton of time and help you scale it properly...

It is BIG.

do you think you can make a second set of molds for the resin parts. i would be interested the set if you can make them for me.

just a quick question i have noticed in one of the reference photo of the bullseye, that the butt stock looks very similar to the collapsible butt stock on a ar15/m16. any possible chance that i can use one of those for the butt stock and modify it to make it more accurate.

I have the MOLDS for all of the resin parts. If you want a set of castings, e-mail me at sdstudios@aol.com We can talk :)

The buttstock is actually nothing like a M-16 stock. There is no mechanical similarity whatsoever. It is all custom machined aluminum and brass and is integral with the weapon's frame. It supports the rear "power cell".

that would make sense, i was just wondering. i'll e-mail you sometime about buying a set of castings.

Last edited:
all i have to do now is to invest five to ten thousand dollars to start on this project. personally i think for anybody that is a huge resistance fan, that amount of money will be worth it in the long run.

And I am not sure where you are getting that $5,000 to $10,000 figure. I made them for a material cost of about $3000 ish each. Labor was extra...

i'd figure that will give me a little bit of wiggle room to work with.
i'll contact you as via email as soon i can get about 200 dollars for the resin casting first.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back