Resin Alien Eggs

Sl0100

Hey there,

thought id share what ive been working on this week,

Last sunday during the storms here in TN we just stayed in and i sculpted this.Its obviously the Egg from aliens. it sits about 8 inches tall and is sculpted over the base to one of those "push lights". I made the details a tad bit over exagerated on purpose. These will be cast in clear resin and can be painted so that the light can shine out.
2c34e929.jpg

I sculpted it in non-drying clay, followed by acrylic spray sealer.i then had some of the latex mold maker so i used that first.i layed on coats of Latex for about 4 days.
c5b932d8.jpg

Then to make a thicker silicon jacket i mixed silicone with acrylic paint and lathered that on.
59833829.jpg

today i pulled out the master and slush cast a couple of the eggs.thats all there was too it.

8044024d.jpg

I should have some clear resin soon, Ill try that and see how it works.I believe it will light up even in white but not sure.Going to experiment.If anyone wants to add them to their collection let me know.I can throw a for-sale thread out.

anyway, Enjoy

ive made a bunch of the eggs,had more interes than i suspected on different forums.
If anyone wants one LMK,

this week i took the project another direction. I decided to build an Alien Egg to take to Wonderfest next year.
I wanted it to be see through with a chestburster inside. I ordered some clear resin and made the egg where it will be mostly opaque.
299ec21a.jpg

5e4b92ec.jpg

my next step was to sculpt a mini chestburster.the egg isnt completely clear,so i didnt have to go into great detail.once its painted and balled up inside the egg it should look just perfect.
The mold is starting so should be able to make some little resin chestbursters in a few days.
6bd7daee.jpg

ec3e566a.jpg

as of right now ill be mounting the egg on a wooden base with sand and stones and the egg all painted up and airbrushed. should make a sweet display peice!!!

Great, love the idea of a semi clear one with a LED inside on the shelf. If your looking to do one's to sell i would be interested..

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back