Repo Man and Nineteen Eighty-Four

monkeyracing

Hi guys. I'm wondering if anyone's ever seen any good paper from either of these movies, or at least good ref photos.

For Repo Man (Emilio Estevez, not Jude Law) I'm looking for decent info on some of the background items, like posters or the hot sheet for the Malibu.

For 1984, it could be almost anything, from the slips of paper Winston processed at work, to smaller propaganda or newspapers. What I'm not after is any "Big Brother is Watching" stuff. Too much, too easy.

Thanks.

Jim

Hi guys. I'm wondering if anyone's ever seen any good paper from either of these movies, or at least good ref photos.

For Repo Man (Emilio Estevez, not Jude Law) I'm looking for decent info on some of the background items, like posters or the hot sheet for the Malibu.

For 1984, it could be almost anything, from the slips of paper Winston processed at work, to smaller propaganda or newspapers. What I'm not after is any "Big Brother is Watching" stuff. Too much, too easy.

Thanks.

Jim

Well, I did a DVD cover in the same generic style as the products featured throughout the film. Though it is not featured in the film, I thought that this would be a nice paper prop for fans of the film. I did it originally for a short film (which it didn't make it in), but in a way I realize now that it can be seen as a bit of a social commentary on Hollywood movies nowadays. You can see it here.

That's pretty cool. I've finally figured out how to do screen caps on my new computer. I'm going to go for background posters from repo man. For 1984, it's either Victory brand product labels or newspapers.

Thanks.

I did a couple of Repo Man things a few years back - I'll skip the little pine tree air freshener (you'll find one in every car).

Here's the reference screen caps for the aliens and Dioretix (I wrapped an otherwise innocent paperback). I started on the Malibu sheet and had thoughts of doing the i.d. wallet and the newspaper. Maybe someday.

There's a ton of other stuff - can labels from the supermarket, the ads in diner windows. Let's see what else is out there.

David

I did a "REPO MAN" search here on the RPF and found this old thread. Anybody find or re-create the hot sheet?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back